The Student Room Group

Messed Up Biology Six Marker :(

In the B2 exam yesterday, for the experimental question, I think I may have messed up because of ONE sentence. I immediately saw a ruler so I just automatically wrote down sampling along a transect lol! This is quite obviously incorrect, but then literally EVERYTHING else I wrote after that was spot on, totally correct. I'm so f*cking annoyed because I just feel like I'm going to score 0 marks because it contradicts itself. Tbh, the rest of the pretty good, but I also lost 5 marks on the genotype and phenotype because I had no idea what it was :frown: I wish they just gave us a normal genetic cross!

Will I get 0 marks on the six marker because of that one contradictory sentence at the start of my response? :frown:

I threw up twice yesterday before the exam, it was very rough, and yesterday was my last day of Year 11 too so I was also preoccupied about what everything was going to be like (I get anxiety about that type of thing, I'm weird)

I need an A in Biology but I'm probably gonna get a B which is so embarrassing for me! :frown:

On the other hand, B3 was :smile:
Nah, it shouldn't be too bad I guess.

It's the pondweed in water and light shining on it producing bubbles for photosynthesis experiment.
I personally didn't use the ruler because I don't think you needed it and I couldn't think of how because Idk what you would measure (why the length of the pondweed?).

And it said in the qs some apparatus you 'might' use.
That sentence wouldn't necessarily contradict it, it would show you have knowledge of that topic of sampling but it would just look really silly and confusing and wouldn't make sense in the context of the qs. In extreme cases, I doubt you'd get 0. You'd probably lose a mark or two for that sentence.
No. They won't penalise you that much. Errors in what you said, just once, would make you lose a maximum of 1 mark. Especially when the rest of the answer was good. Don't worry about those things. Examiners know people make stupid errors in exams because of time pressure e.t.c.
Reply 5
are you a drag queen?
Reply 6
Original post by romansholiday
In the B2 exam yesterday, for the experimental question, I think I may have messed up because of ONE sentence. I immediately saw a ruler so I just automatically wrote down sampling along a transect lol! This is quite obviously incorrect, but then literally EVERYTHING else I wrote after that was spot on, totally correct. I'm so f*cking annoyed because I just feel like I'm going to score 0 marks because it contradicts itself. Tbh, the rest of the pretty good, but I also lost 5 marks on the genotype and phenotype because I had no idea what it was :frown: I wish they just gave us a normal genetic cross!

Will I get 0 marks on the six marker because of that one contradictory sentence at the start of my response? :frown:

I threw up twice yesterday before the exam, it was very rough, and yesterday was my last day of Year 11 too so I was also preoccupied about what everything was going to be like (I get anxiety about that type of thing, I'm weird)

I need an A in Biology but I'm probably gonna get a B which is so embarrassing for me! :frown:

There was a 6 marker on the back page of the B2 paper when i did it and i didn't even see it until they collected the papers and i still got an A. Tbh the 6 markers aren't as important as they are make out to be.
(edited 7 years ago)

Examiners mark what is right never what is wrong.
They want to give you marks not to make you score poorly. You shall be fine for the 6-mark question.
Reply 8
I said the bubbles were CO2 when of course i know they're oxygen. Will i be marked down on that... will I since it didn't say how to test the actual experiment
Original post by sulaimanali
Nah, it shouldn't be too bad I guess.

It's the pondweed in water and light shining on it producing bubbles for photosynthesis experiment.

That sentence wouldn't necessarily contradict it, it would show you have knowledge of that topic of sampling but it would just look really silly and confusing and wouldn't make sense in the context of the qs. In extreme cases, I doubt you'd get 0. You'd probably lose a mark or two for that sentence.

Original post by MezmorisedPotato
No. They won't penalise you that much. Errors in what you said, just once, would make you lose a maximum of 1 mark. Especially when the rest of the answer was good. Don't worry about those things. Examiners know people make stupid errors in exams because of time pressure e.t.c.

Original post by B3ASTy
I said the bubbles were CO2 when of course i know they're oxygen. Will i be marked down on that... will I since it didn't say how to test the actual experiment

Original post by Bulletzone
Examiners mark what is right never what is wrong.
They want to give you marks not to make you score poorly. You shall be fine for the 6-mark question.

Thank you all for giving me confidence! The examiners probably want you to do well, which I really didn't consider lol :smile:

Original post by Ben_2911
There was a 6 marker on the back page of the B2 paper when i did it and i didn't even see it until they collected the papers and i still got an A. Tbh the 6 markers aren't as important as they are make out to be.

Erm when was there a second six marker in B2? The last questions in my paper were based on foxes and speciation..
Original post by drogon
are you a drag queen?

Yes.
Reply 11
Yes.

To answer your question, no, and so you shouldnt be worried. (i didn't sit the paper xDD, but i saw the question and so it isnt an issue imo)
Original post by drogon
To answer your question, no, and so you shouldnt be worried. (i didn't sit the paper xDD, but i saw the question and so it isnt an issue imo)

Thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 13
Omg I totally got this question wrong I didn't mention anything about pondweed into water 😩😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
I personally didn't use the ruler because I don't think you needed it and I couldn't think of how because Idk what you would measure (why the length of the pondweed?).

And it said in the qs some apparatus you 'might' use.

I used it to measure the distance between the lamp and the pondweed because you can't literally change the light intensity of the lamp so you move it further away to decrease the intensity shone on the plant :smile:
Original post by Salinaa
Omg I totally got this question wrong I didn't mention anything about pondweed into water 😩😩😩

Posted from TSR Mobile

some people measured the rate of growth which seems equally as valid :smile:
and OP, hopefully you should be fine. You definitely won't get 0 as you showed your understanding etc, you might lose a mark but that's it :smile:
I hope this is true because in one of the six markers in my computing exam, I said the guy should get a bigger graphics card to watch better animations lmao. (Everything else was fine but I added in that stupid statement at the end of the answer :redface:)
Thank you all for giving me confidence! The examiners probably want you to do well, which I really didn't consider lol :smile:

Erm when was there a second six marker in B2? The last questions in my paper were based on foxes and speciation..

What? I was on about when I did B2. which clearly wasn't this year if I know i got an A in it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending