The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Scroll to see replies

what do you think you got
Original post by KieranPRTL
Any ideas on what you need to get overall to get a C? I think I got around 37 marks on the first way, and I'm scared I didn't get enough in paper 2, even though it was an "easy" paper :frown:

I'm not sure if you've been answered already, but you probably need around 35 ish on this one for a C overall, if you took higher! It's usually about 65-70 for a C all together!
For the 5x+ 20y, If I put 1/4x + y, would I get one mark?!
Also, for the tree diagram, I put the workings as 0.05 x 0.8 , but I accidently put 0.4!!😡 would I get one for this as it was out of 2?

I think I have got around 168-170, is this enough for an A*?!
image.jpgCan someone else please confirm whether this would get 1 or 2 marks?!
Guys on question 14 if i didnt put like cm^2 etc but all my number and answe is right will that be ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucygr8y
For the 5x+ 20y, If I put 1/4x + y, would I get one mark?!
Also, for the tree diagram, I put the workings as 0.05 x 0.8 , but I accidently put 0.4!!😡 would I get one for this as it was out of 2?

I think I have got around 168-170, is this enough for an A*?!

It is very close. It would have gotten you an A* in the last six exams. Were these exams easier? If I HAD to make a call, I think you will get it.
How many marks would you get for the stratified one if you put 10 instead of 11.. I think it was out of 2 marks? I stupidly rounded down to 10 from 10.8 thinking there wasn't exactly 11 and you can't have 10.8 people! 🙈
Can I haven the markscheem for the calculator paper as well
Original post by mummy2maisie123
How many marks would you get for the stratified one if you put 10 instead of 11.. I think it was out of 2 marks? I stupidly rounded down to 10 from 10.8 thinking there wasn't exactly 11 and you can't have 10.8 people! 🙈

Correct working will get you 1 mark.

Edexcel have accepted rounding up and down in the past but more recently have only accepted the correctly rounded number.
Reply 2729
Original post by mummy2maisie123

2 marks. They accept both.
Question 18, simplify an expression/simple laws of indices

Question 19. Stratified Sampling
where can I find questions and answers for paper 2 aqa gcse higher maths please. not very much on the site regarding this board and subject!
What would 140 be??
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465587242.167366.jpg ok so if you look at this you can see the highest grade boundaries was june 2013. I just did the non calc paper and managed to get 96/100 whereas the 2016 paper we did I only managed to get high 80s maybe low 90s. It was definitely apparent that the june 2013 paper was much easier. Do you think the grade boundaries will be around 169?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1465587242.167366.jpg ok so if you look at this you can see the highest grade boundaries was june 2013. I just did the non calc paper and managed to get 96/100 whereas the 2016 paper we did I only managed to get high 80s maybe low 90s. It was definitely apparent that the june 2013 paper was much easier. Do you think the grade boundaries will be around 169?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your 2013 figures are for the November paper. Based on your rationale the grade for A* will be lower than 165. I would not be so certain of this.
Original post by DrPeter
Your 2013 figures are for the November paper. Based on your rationale the grade for A* will be lower than 165. I would not be so certain of this.

Oh ok! And yh I was wondering that. Tbh I think it will be around 170 so not sure. I think I got 170-75 so I am just worrying that I won't get the A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Oh ok! And yh I was wondering that. Tbh I think it will be around 170 so not sure. I think I got 170-75 so I am just worrying that I won't get the A*!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, you are going to be so damn close and if the Grades are not higher than the previous 12 exams you will get it !! Good Luck !!!
Original post by DrPeter
Well, you are going to be so damn close and if the Grades are not higher than the previous 12 exams you will get it !! Good Luck !!!

Hopefully! I really want it to be 169/170 because realistically it's not gonna be lower. Btw when do the grade boundaries come out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I got around 170 marks too. Had a poor non-calc paper but smashed the calc. Last year was 155 for A* and although that will rise I can't see it rising by 15. That' too much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending