The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths 2016 grade boundary predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Casperson
would i still get an A with a score of 140/200?
You definitely should do. :smile:
Original post by hamza772000
You definitely should do. :smile:

thank you for answering so fast :smile:
Original post by Casperson
thank you for answering so fast :smile:
Haha, no problem. :biggrin: Thank you for reading the answer so fast. :smile:
Reply 143
Original post by hamza772000
Haha, no problem. :biggrin: Thank you for reading the answer so fast. :smile:

What do you think the A grade boundary would be for this year?
Original post by Rajive
What do you think the A grade boundary would be for this year?
I think around 130-135 ish but do ask your teacher, as he's more experienced. :smile:
Sorry, I won't be able to reply now again as I'm gonna be fasting so I need to go eat for that. :frown:
I'll try and reply tomorrow or later on in the morning as its past 12. :smile: Good Luck. :smile:
What would I get if I got about 160?/158?
Original post by viperimz
I personally found it quite easy (but of course made stupid silly errors) but most people it seems found it slightly harder compared to previous papers so i think similar grade boundaries to last yr so:
A*- 158 (79 for each paper)
A- 127 (63/64 for each paper)
B- 96 (48 for each paper)
C- 65 (32/33 for each paper)

how accurate is this?
Original post by yasshuntyy
how accurate is this?

Quite accurate because he compared to last year grade boundaries and this year was more easy than last year so the grade boundaries should be higher by 5 marks or less unless Edexcel could be horrible and make the grade boundaries even higher like 10 marks more.
So it's depends really.
But a lot of people tweeted about how hard the maths exam so this grade boundaries should be accurate in these circumstances.
Could anyone help with some advice please. I took the GCSE foundation paper and I need a C to get my place at uni. Any ideas of the boundaries for a grade C on the Foundation paper?
Thank you
Original post by Kpettman77
Could anyone help with some advice please. I took the GCSE foundation paper and I need a C to get my place at uni. Any ideas of the boundaries for a grade C on the Foundation paper?
Thank you

In foundation paper, you need more marks than higher paper to get C so I heard that foundation paper I harder than higher which means the grade boundaries will be lower so in non cal, you need to get about 73 marks more and cal, you need about 76 marks. In overall, you need to 139 marks more to get C.

Funny that, if you compare to higher paper, you would already get A.
Reply 150
Original post by Kpettman77
Thank you

Same here, I need C to get into Uni. I have been counting through the papers we have just had. I think I got about 83/84 for the first one. The calculator one I messed up badly that I think I got 67/68. I hate myself for this mess. I hope the grade boundary doesn't go higher than 144!
Original post by lukey0071
In foundation paper, you need more marks than higher paper to get C so I heard that foundation paper I harder than higher which means the grade boundaries will be lower so in non cal, you need to get about 73 marks more and cal, you need about 76 marks. In overall, you need to 139 marks more to get C.

But the foundation paper is significantly easier than the higher paper, hence why you need a lot of marks to get a C. :smile:
Reply 152

You are right, last years June Foundation was 139, in 2014 it was 141, 2013 was 143. Exception has been November 2009 with the highest at 156. God help us that it won't go that high!!
Original post by GKT
You are right, last years June Foundation was 139, in 2014 it was 141, 2013 was 143. Exception has been November 2009 with the highest at 156. God help us that it won't go that high!!

So if you get more than 139, you will get a C
Reply 154
So if you get more than 139, you will get a C

Not sure because it keeps changing, past four years between 130, 143, 141 and 139? that is June, looks like Novembers are higher boundaries?
what would a grade c be for foundation?
Original post by GKT
Not sure because it keeps changing, past four years between 130, 143, 141 and 139? that is June, looks like Novembers are higher boundaries?

I think you wouldn't compare to November 2015 because it's harder in higher but it's easy in foundation as far as I knew about past papers.
Now, I am talking about present, in foundation, I heard that it's harder than in November, so I would predict that it's should be lower grade boundaries.
Original post by travis123
what would a grade c be for foundation?

Approximately, 130 to 140 marks to get C or more.
That's what. I am thinking so don't believe me.
Reply 158
I think you wouldn't compare to November 2015 because it's harder in higher but it's easy in foundation as far as I knew about past papers.
Now, I am talking about present, in foundation, I heard that it's harder than in November, so I would predict that it's should be lower grade boundaries.

I meant overall, November grade boundaries are higher? I wonder why?
Original post by GKT
I meant overall, November grade boundaries are higher? I wonder why?

The grade boundaries are higher in November 2015 exam because it's easy and most likely to get high marks

Quick Reply