The Student Room Group

history revision

Hey, does anyone have any good ideas on how to revise for history as it is quite a complex and hard to remember subject. Especially with all the key dates and events. My Mock exam is going to be about Nazi Germany 1919-1943. what would be the best way to revise and get it stuck in your head? :smile: Thanks
Reply 1
I usually use flashcards because it is useful when you have list of outcomes or causes. Mind maps are also really useful for linking ideas together and categorising them, which is really helpful in the exam. To remember the dates, stick a timeline up on your wall, and you will subconsciously remember.

However, nothing really helps more than just practising as many questions as possible, because then you waste less time in the exam thinking about the structure etc.

Good luck:smile: (Don't worry too much about mocks- they are a learning process)
Original post by Flammae
I usually use flashcards because it is useful when you have list of outcomes or causes. Mind maps are also really useful for linking ideas together and categorising them, which is really helpful in the exam. To remember the dates, stick a timeline up on your wall, and you will subconsciously remember.

However, nothing really helps more than just practising as many questions as possible, because then you waste less time in the exam thinking about the structure etc.

Good luck:smile: (Don't worry too much about mocks- they are a learning process)

Thank you a lot, i think i will try out the timeline, that seems fun and easy! Mocks are basically a practise for GCSE i guess that true, but it will help me see the progress i am making :biggrin:. thank you. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending