The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Pyongyang123
No one likes Muslims let's be honest

Are you being serious? And so do you hate all Muslims? Then they say that no it is just criticising Islam and not hate for Muslims and that we do know the difference.

Anyways, hating Muslims is not going to stop all Muslims from practicing their religion and following Islam. Good luck.
Original post by The1AndOnly1
Hi,

Some students told me, as I am Muslim, that those Muslims who fast will get a 5% boost to their marks as extra to accommodate the fact they are fasting? Is this true?

Edit:

Please, before you call me ignorant or other stuff which makes me go WTF, I wasn't hoping to get a 5% increase, I was asking just to see if it's true. 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

Absolutely not examiners have no way of determining your faith especially since they'll only know you as candidate no. 3212 and they cannot award marks on any other basis than what is on the script and if it fulfills the criteria of a mark scheme. Extenuating circumstances also would not consider something such as this since it is not comparable to family bereavement or serious illness.
Look up the Syrian civil war, ISIS etc and how many people they have killed. This far outnumbers any other group's' killings

Are we just going to ignore how many people have collectively been killed under per say Stalin, Mao Zse Dong and Hitler?
Just stop embarassing yourself, you're talking with a lot of conviction for someone who has probably got their information off Britain First.
Original post by Samii123
You can't put that down to religion though. A lot of those countries have corrupt governments and are dictatorships who control the public for their own political reasons rather than religious reasons, most of the severe punishments such as execution are carried out on Muslims. Also I don't think being allowed to practice your own religion can be considered special treatment.

But the commandments to fight until Islam is the only religion and to kill those who disbelieve Allah's revelations are in the Quran.
Reply 84
Look at the ignorant Muslims denying their religion is hateful. There's no excusing racism or sexism. It's no 'test' by allah, just an excuse for you Muslims to let out your hateful souls

I support Pyongyang!!!
Reply 85
Original post by scholtz99
Are we just going to ignore how many people have collectively been killed under per say Stalin, Mao Zse Dong and Hitler?
Just stop embarassing yourself, you're talking with a lot of conviction for someone who has probably got their information off Britain First.

Tbf that was ages ago. Mao Zedong was a hewo! Herro! Muslims still kill thousands today!
Reply 86
Pyongyang is boss!!!!
Original post by The1AndOnly1
Hi,

Some students told me, as I am Muslim, that those Muslims who fast will get a 5% boost to their marks as extra to accommodate the fact they are fasting? Is this true?

Edit:

Please, before you call me ignorant or other stuff which makes me go WTF, I wasn't hoping to get a 5% increase, I was asking just to see if it's true. 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

And i doubt they will be able to distinguish between muslims and non muslims especially those who converted etc
Original post by Stormz1
I guess you could say that,but every action you do isn't done by luck :smile:

There was once a prostitute who gave an animal some water and for that act she went heaven.

you can say that's unfair to those who pray everyday and still got hell, but then you don't exactly know why she was in prostitution, or if she ever even heard about god.

God is just. That's in every religion aswell as Islam

The god of Islam is not just. Hell is meant to be so painful that no crime committed on Earth would deserve even one second in the hellfire. In short, the punishment Allah dishes out, especially to those who rejected Islam, is totally disproportionate to the so-called crime and thus not just.
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
In islam, there is not necessarily 'eternal' punishment. So... Nope :biggrin:

There most certainly is for those who didn't believe in Islam, it says so in the Quran.
Some exams we actually moved forward so there would be a smaller impact. The 5% increase in mark is not official, but some schools may have completed an application for a mark increase; each examination board will then make the decision based on circumstances , although in most cases the application will be denied.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
There most certainly is for those who didn't believe in Islam, it says so in the Quran.

Yh, but if Muslim's go to hell, they have a chance of getting out :biggrin:
This thread was meant to be regarding whether muslims get a 5% increase due to fasting (which I think is a ridiculous fact and obviously not the case-sorry). The thread then came to be what? (AN issue about muslims, islam, Allah. Then violence and what not... And who started it? (A non-muslim defying islam). Seriously, why are most of you here so desperate. We're all the same fflips.
Original post by F4RH4N_70
This thread was meant to be regarding whether muslims get a 5% increase due to fasting (which I think is a ridiculous fact and obviously not the case-sorry). The thread then came to be what? (AN issue about muslims, islam, Allah. Then violence and what not... And who started it? (A non-muslim defying islam). Seriously, why are most of you here so desperate. We're all the same fflips.

Typical tsr mate.
Reply 94
Original post by eviebrizzle

also, in saudi arabia the government may ban christmas because they're CORRUPT, not because they hate christians- who are tolerated in Islan because like Jews they are -people of the book.' anyhow- is it any different to Donald Trump saying he wants to ban muslims, or France banning the wearing of the hijab in schools...

Any religious or political sign is banned in French public schools, not just the hijab.
Lol another stupid comment like this fires up another Islam debate.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
But the commandments to fight until Islam is the only religion and to kill those who disbelieve Allah's revelations are in the Quran.

The quotes from the Qur'an that you are mentioning are massively taken out of context. Those quotes were referring to the situations in times of war and only when in war are these acts permitted. There are also quotes that say if an enemy surrenders or is taken prisoner they should not have any harm come their way.
Original post by Samii123
The quotes from the Qur'an that you are mentioning are massively taken out of context. Those quotes were referring to the situations in times of war and only when in war are these acts permitted. There are also quotes that say if an enemy surrenders or is taken prisoner they should not have any harm come their way.

Not so. Quran 5:33 for example clearly states the punishment for those who wage war against Allah and contains no reference to it only being applicable to that time. Ibn Kathir's tafsir on this excerpt states that "wage war" includes disbelief in Islam.
This was true data from 2015 was taken and as a record on the system of who is Muslim will be given additional marks for 'silly' mistakes by the exam boards

May Allah be with you!
Original post by 123456789ss
I think it's an important discussion that is slowly and slowly becoming more relevant as the hateful religion that is Islam grows and grows within our country. A lot of Muslims are brainwashed and so challenging their religion will hopefully provoke them to think twice.

Don't know if you actually read what he said.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for criticism and stuff. But what's ISIS and the Syrian civil war got to do with the OP???

Maybe the examiners are held at gunpoint by ISIS militants when marking the papers, making sure us Muslims get that 5% boost...

Latest