The Student Room Group

Has anyone else taken GCSEs in all Social Sciences?

I've taken GCSE exams in Geography, RS and History. Is this likely to be stressful when exam period arrives, and how have you coped, if at all? Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by AircraftMad
I've taken GCSE exams in Geography, RS and History. Is this likely to be stressful when exam period arrives, and how have you coped, if at all? Thanks.

I can't comment for History, but RS & geography are quite easy exams and as long as you start learning the case studies for geography early you should be fine :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by luciie
I can't comment for History, but RS & geography are quite easy exams and as long as you start learning the case studies for geography early you should be fine :smile:

Good luck!

Thank you. Have mocks coming soon so hopefully they'll be easy. :smile:
Reply 3
Thank you. Have mocks coming soon so hopefully they'll be easy. :smile:

Are you in Year 10?
Reply 4
Original post by luciie
Are you in Year 10?

Yes, I'm in Year 10, I've got mocks next week. When I say 'I've taken exams', I mean I've chosen these subjects as options already. Sorry, probs a little confusing. :smile:
I took those three subjects at GCSE and I didn't find them to be too stressful or anything, just depends how much studying you do and how well you remember things etc.
Out of the 3, I would say History is hard, although I have always hated History. :u:
Geography and R.S are a good way to go if you don't want to work extremely hard for an A/A*, but of course you have to work Hard in everything, but I personally see them as a GCSE to get a comfortable A in, hence the reason why the Grade boundaries are so high.
Reply 7

For History you need to learn the statistics and laws etc. if you don't you're f$cked and the same for Geography. Good luck, they are in an essence simple subjects and if you can't remember statistics my teacher just told our class to make them up, but using common sense - like you would never say in Geography that the 3 Gorges Dam cos $1bn but you could say $20 - 88 million as estimates vary. Good luck :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest