The Student Room Group

Which bag should I choose for Sixth Form?

Scroll to see replies

The one which is the largest (for all your books), strongest (so it can support the weight of all your textbooks) and obvi the one which goes with most of your 6th form outfits 😃
Original post by mero22
1)

2)

3)
4) This bag in black

NONE OF THEM, they are not big enough!!!
I really like 1! :biggrin:
Just get any bag.
I hardly doubt anyone is going to be fussed about you're type of bag.
Original post by Rhythmical
I find them cool, only problem is that most of them are portrait instead of landscape so carrying books is a nightmare.

trusttt me, i had to carry huge ass folders
and they arent those normal ones, theyre the ring binders :/
I would recommend a backpack because having so many folders and text books can get really heavy. I got mine from accessorise and its lasted me from the beginning of year 12 until now (I finish year 13 on Wednesday) and I'll probably take it to uni with me! There's no point getting an expensive one just for the brand because no one will be bothered, as long as it's comfortable, large enough and durable that's all that matters :smile:
Trust me get a backpack, sixth form gets really intense and some subjects such a psychology have big textbooks, so your bag is bound to break at some point. I went through 3 bags for the first year of sixth form, and no I did not buy cheap ones yet they still broke due to the amount of stuff I needed to carry.
And here's me carrying around a backpack lol.

Same, these bags won't last long while a backpack is versatile and will last for ages :smile:
the biggest one, 3 it looks like. Trust me, you will not care about how pretty it looks. As long as it fits everything in and doesn't break your arm!
Original post by Mrs.Grey
Same, these bags won't last long while a backpack is versatile and will last for ages :smile:

I thought you'd carry a handbag :wink:
From what I know, 6th form will mean you have to carry around more folders, so choose the strongest and biggest out of your choices, or search up more if need be :smile:

Spoiler

I thought you'd carry a handbag :wink:

Really? Nah, I'm not about that life tbh. I mean I have taste in fashion and what not but I value comfortability over everything which is so important :laugh:
Really? Nah, I'm not about that life tbh. I mean I have taste in fashion and what not but I value comfortability over everything which is so important :laugh:

Ah yes! :smile: To be fair, there has been some instances in which I've taken a handbag but it's very rare, I never feel comfortable in one. It's not really a "school bag"
Ah yes! :smile: To be fair, there has been some instances in which I've taken a handbag but it's very rare, I never feel comfortable in one. It's not really a "school bag"

Exactly and guys don't really care about handbags tbh but they value girls with a brain :laugh:
Exactly and guys don't really care about handbags tbh but they value girls with a brain :laugh:

True, there's been times when I've wanted to take in a bag that a guy is using too but I get nervous sometimes if someone judges me. :tongue:
it kinda depend on the outfit ull be wearing with it tbh
buh the last one looks pretty.

tip: try not to get white or cream . they get dirty really quickly
True, there's been times when I've wanted to take in a bag that a guy is using too but I get nervous sometimes if someone judges me. :tongue:

I genuinely don't care what people think which I've learned to do tbh.
My friends has bag 3 and somehow it has lasted her 5 years.
Get a backpack cause I got back pain from carrying around all my books and folders on one side of my body. Sixth form work ain't no joke.

Spoiler

Reply 39
Original post by homairapatel
it kinda depend on the outfit ull be wearing with it tbh
buh the last one looks pretty.

tip: try not to get white or cream . they get dirty really quickly

Thanks, my outfit will be casual. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest