Original post by Magnus Taylor
You're doomed mate

If you say so

Spoiler

Original post by Marshall Taylor
If you say so

Spoiler

Eton mess
How much revision did you do for the exams?
Original post by Pi/2
Hi guys, as you can see from the thread title, I pretty much agree that the new a-level exams are too easy, I mean it's not our fault, but obviously the education secretary should change up the a-level playing field. Exam boards are asking ridiculously easy questions, and this is obviously unfair as previous years have sat daunting, but well set exams while we can just essentially sit "Mickey Mouse" exams. It honestly just defeats the purpose of calling these qualifications "A-Levels", the difficulty of these exams are incomparable with the difficulty of GCSE exams. The qualifications should be renamed to General Certificates of Secondary Education because it's honestly quid pro quo.

EDIT:
For the record, I'm actually studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

not everyone finds alevel easy you know i hope you fail yours
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Eton mess

Do you remember when that ginger kid fell over during the Eton Open last year?
Do you remember when that ginger kid fell over during the Eton Open last year?

Indeed I do, silly comp
op does gender studies
Please tell me your not lying because I'm starting my A levels next year
Original post by harun_farah
Please tell me your not lying because I'm starting my A levels next year

I recommend you don't get involved in this thread as it's run by a ****
Original post by Pi/2
Hi guys, as you can see from the thread title, I pretty much agree that the new a-level exams are too easy, I mean it's not our fault, but obviously the education secretary should change up the a-level playing field. Exam boards are asking ridiculously easy questions, and this is obviously unfair as previous years have sat daunting, but well set exams while we can just essentially sit "Mickey Mouse" exams. It honestly just defeats the purpose of calling these qualifications "A-Levels", the difficulty of these exams are incomparable with the difficulty of GCSE exams. The qualifications should be renamed to General Certificates of Secondary Education because it's honestly quid pro quo.

EDIT:
For the record, I'm actually studying Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

This has to be a troll, makes me want to chunder everywhere, what a stupid thing to say:curious:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 110
Making A-levels more difficult wouldn't be suitable with the general culture of the UK. Countries with harder qualifications have these because they usually push children to study and expect academic success from a very young age.
I can guarantee you that most people disagree. But good for you though, just don't fall into a position where you'll have to eat your own words.
Well, i felt like i had slammed my head against a brick wall when i started my A-levels, so......
Original post by Pi/2

EDIT:

I'd prefer harder exams. Lower grade boundaries -> small mistakes don't matter as much :biggrin:
Reply 114
Original post by Pi/2
Discombobulated can also be used as a noun you prune: Disconcert or confuse (someone): (as adj.discombobulated).

Obviously you are incapable of reading or mentally retarded.

"I'm studying... Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry

I'm interested in... Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and Rubik's Cubes

My study level is... A-level (A2)"
Lol you're an A2 student............
Reply 115
Wasn't this topic about how the new A level exams are easier because of them being in a new specification, which next year will be a one year old specification...?
In the end this is still "Just A levels" after that theres still a degree to do and further, AND HARDER WORK.

Though for people difficult varies,some find it hard to study for 3 hrs a day some find it hard to study for 10 hrs a day some find it hard to study for three days straight, it all depends. Difficult content will always become easy when you have learned it , people at some point had struggled with their multiplication but some of you wouldn't say that now, what is actually different?

In my opinion an easy paper is a paper which asks you exactly what is on the specification and does not even attempt to mix many "multiple parts or different applications" into the exam (which my exams seemed like excluding maths which was on an older exam board). If you find this hard you have not learned the specification. If your struggling on these "multiple parts or different applications " its likely you have not made enough connections between the material, it is silly error day or exam panic.
I'm sure if someone spent their entire 24 hrs in a day diligently revising an A level with access to information(good information) and good memorization techniques and the right content, they would actually finish it, Maybe even with an A/A*.
Do you reckon A-Level exams will be easy for 2018 exams??
OP probably didn't take hard enough subjects? (ps, don't try and make them harder for us next year! :colone:)

Inb4 Media studies, critical thinking and general studies.
I'm at uni now and I must admit, I found physics and chemistry very mathematically simple. I'm just curious to know whether they've introduced calculus into physics and chemistry yet because proper science relies upon calculus hugely.
Yes, I studied Maths, further maths and physics - in 1983.
At that time, the entrance requirements for Warwick University was ABC.
Unfortunately, the government have made it their particular quest that all o' levels (now GCSEs) and a' levels are made such that everyone can pass them and get into some sort of higher education establishment.

One by making the old polytechnics into univeristies - crap.
Two by making a' levels easier so that more pass them, so that it appears that our people are now more educated - unfortunately, there will always be the standard number of human beings who are just not very intelligent - end of story.

Why - so that the UK looks better against its rival countries - obviously we look better the more people pass a' levels.
- and surely the UK looks better the more people are 'so-called' educated to university standard.

The government knows how they are controlling people - including you - and there are now going to be many people who are just going to be in a lot of debt -and will NEVER get out of it - because they should never have gone to university in the first place.

It is now dog eat dog - and the government are well aware of this.

Unfortunately, we have the same number of people (as of 30 years ago) whio really are not good enough to do university degrees.

Quick Reply

Latest