The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

If i forgot to label the axis frequency density will i loose a mark

Also i got 135marks what shud that be

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jacksparrow1111
The two questions near the end, The algebraic fractions. Would you get full marks if you left the first one in the form ...... 3-x / (x-3)(3x + 4)? It was only a two mark question and seems a bit unrealistic to expect people to factorise the quadratic and then risk multiplying by -1, just for 2 marks.
The next one asked for the fraction to be given in the simplest form. i left it as 2x/ (x-1)(x+1) as oppose to expanding the denominator brackets to x^2 + 1, is that less "simple"?

Anybody know why the "tom is 1.80m" question was worth 3 marks? i dont see anything else you can do other than times 1.80 by 1.45.

one last one. On Collins expenses, how many marks would be lost by forgetting to add the parking charge? out of 5 marks.

That algebraic fractions one was tough, but it was near the end of the paper, so meant to test the highest student, but my 90% student didn't answer either part of that question.

You did need to multiply by -1 and cancel by (x-3) for full marks but should get 1 mark for factorising the denominator. I believe you should have expanded the brackets, but should only lose one mark for not doing so, if any.

Tom is 1.80m... Q I believe you should get (1) for converting % to decimals (1) for the sum 1.8x1.45 and 1 for the correct answer. If units are needed, there is often an independent mark for those.

For the parking Q, I believe you will get (1) for gallons-litres or pounds to pence, (1) for total miles or total parking (1) for petrol cost (1) for adding petrol and parking together and (1) for the correct answer. If you forgot to add the parking, I believe you will lose the "adding petrol and parking" mark, but hopefully should get the follow through for the answer or may lose that as well, but no more than 2 marks lost.
Original post by Teenw123
I wrote the full number ( I think it was £42. ?????????????) As opposed to doing it to 4sf, how many marks would I get out of 5

Probably lose one mark out of four because you did not answer in context. It was a tough Q though, well done!
Original post by legend.786
If i forgot to label the axis frequency density will i loose a mark

Also i got 135marks what shud that be

Posted from TSR Mobile

probs an A?
Guys for the last question in the bmi question i just divided by 100 and timesed it by 145

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ikilliloot
Your actually wrong the answer is in fact, 3.7, the evidence is right here on this old test paper go to question 11.

http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/papers/4hjune2013ans.pdf

I am not wrong, and I double checked it after you said I was wrong. I am a maths teacher, so trial and improvement is well below my level of ability. You are quite rude to state that in the way you did without double checking yourself. Also, *you're wrong, not YOUR as you put.
Maths Foundation paper 2 mark scheme anyone? 😞
Original post by HX_AZAAN_786
Maths Foundation paper 2 mark scheme anyone?

i dont think ones been created yet
Original post by MissBdaviesMaths
I am not wrong, and I double checked it after you said I was wrong. I am a maths teacher, so trial and improvement is well below my level of ability. You are quite rude to state that in the way you did without double checking yourself. Also, *you're wrong, not YOUR as you put.

You go miss!! Hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got around:
Paper 1: 91
Paper 2: 90

Is that a safe A*??

Seriously this paper would have been such an easy 100%. Made so many silly mistakes :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
I'm so salty rn
Original post by BadgerNeer1
I got around:
Paper 1: 91
Paper 2: 90

Is that a safe A*??

Seriously this paper would have been such an easy 100%. Made so many silly mistakes :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
I'm so salty rn

If it's not an A*, I'd be making a complaint if I were you!

Do you know roughly the grade boundaries for this year??

What do you think you might get?
Original post by Rajive
What do you think you might get?

I'm a Maths teacher and I had (a small) top set year 11... I am predicting 12 x A*, 8 x A and 4 x B, but a couple of those As could move to A* and a couple of the Bs could move to A I think.
I'm a Maths teacher and I had (a small) top set year 11... I am predicting 12 x A*, 8 x A and 4 x B, but a couple of those As could move to A* and a couple of the Bs could move to A I think.

Oh so sorry, what is your perspective on the grade boundaries for an A this year?
Original post by MovedMasterMike
Do you know roughly the grade boundaries for this year??

Nobody does until they are released by the board. I expect they will be fairly average, so 163ish for an A*, 133ish for an A, 100ish for a B, 55ish for a C, 30ish for a D and 15ish for an E.
Original post by Rajive
Oh so sorry, what is your perspective on the grade boundaries for an A this year?

No worries! See my next post...
No worries! See my next post...

Lol i dont' remember the comment section is suppose to be a english lesson when we are talking about maths lol. So what i can put "your" if i want lol, i'm typing care.
Original post by Lucofthewoods

This could be an exam question "What is wrong with this questionnaire?"

Answer: No "Greater than 169"

Quick Reply

Latest