The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

How would they ask about ethnocentrism for an 18 marker? Is that even possible?
Original post by rileystringer1

..got a 3 hour French exam the same day as the 2 hour Unit 4.. really wish I could transfer an hour because I'll be done in French within an hour and a half

3 hours :| and youre done in half? is it just a writing exam?

meehdhjeg my head is mush. im awful at plan your own study/evaluate a study but hoping it comes up because it feels like i cant learn anymore information

i dont know any debates, except science i can wing.
i'll take a break. leaving it this late has actually drove me to lose my marbles.
Somehow managed to finish a unit 4 paper in 1 hour 40 and get 71/90. Hope I can replicate this on Tuesday because I usually run out of time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
In reality that's probably what I got :lol: My biggest regret is not resitting Unit 2.. the questions on it were really nice I could have gone from a C to an A easily

It was! I resat unit 2 and it was a beautiful paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chickenfoot
3 hours :| and youre done in half? is it just a writing exam?

Yeah it's reading (20 marks), listening (5 marks), translation (25 marks) and a film essay (45 marks). I get the reading, listening and translation done in 30-40 mins, the essay takes a maximum of 30 mins, I find it hard to find more things to write after that time, baring in mind also that there's a 450(?) word limit

Give me an hour and a half and I've finished the paper and checked several times, it's honestly ridiculous

meehdhjeg my head is mush. im awful at plan your own study/evaluate a study but hoping it comes up because it feels like i cant learn anymore information

I didn't even realised those were on the paper until recently :lol: gona make notes from mark schemes cos they can be up to 10 marks each

i dont know any debates, except science i can wing.
i'll take a break. leaving it this late has actually drove me to lose my marbles.

I'm the opposite I find debates fine and easy to blag but science I have to actually think
Original post by Julieplec
It was! I resat unit 2 and it was a beautiful paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont cause when I get a B ill be kicking myself :lol: :frown:
Could do! But how does it help society? If you can think of a way it contributes to society then by all means

No, none of those. You need to know 'features' of schizophrenia so writing the different types might get you a mark, probably safer to learn figures like 1% incidence in general population

Nope cos it's not on the spec

Well ya cos I am

We're on the same level

..got a 3 hour French exam the same day as the 2 hour Unit 4.. really wish I could transfer an hour because I'll be done in French within an hour and a half

Biological approach contributes with gender development, so surely learning and psychodynamic do too :smile:

I didn't even realised those were on the paper until recently :lol: gona make notes from mark schemes cos they can be up to 10 marks each

I'm the opposite I find debates fine and easy to blag but science I have to actually think

i bet they give us one where we have to write an aim, hypothesis and statistical tests involved (which i never bothered learning last year) - that hasn't come up ever and you know they're trying to be all sciencey

i haaate social control it's so boring. i might just leave it out of revision and just wing that.
Original post by chickenfoot
i bet they give us one where we have to write an aim, hypothesis and statistical tests involved (which i never bothered learning last year) - that hasn't come up ever and you know they're trying to be all sciencey

i haaate social control it's so boring. i might just leave it out of revision and just wing that.

You can really just wing social control, just talk about token economy and drug treatments

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know the likelihood of the AS contributions to society coming up?
You can really just wing social control, just talk about token economy and drug treatments

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find ethnocentrism the most boring, I never really know what to write :frown:
Reply 431
Does anyone know if they have ever asked questions on the key issues before in issues and debates, and how in-depth are you all learning the key issues?
Reply 432
Original post by emsy963
Does anyone know if they have ever asked questions on the key issues before in issues and debates, and how in-depth are you all learning the key issues?

My teacher went to a conference and apparently an examiner said that it was highly unlikely for key issues to come up as they're too similar to the contributions- I'm still gunna go over them in case but in too much depth. They've never come up before!
Reply 433
In the clinical applied questions about treatments- if it doesn't say what the persons condition is, can you write an answer on a specific disorder i.e. schizophrenia or is it supposed to be general??
Original post by Rsprcy
My teacher went to a conference and apparently an examiner said that it was highly unlikely for key issues to come up as they're too similar to the contributions- I'm still gunna go over them in case but in too much depth. They've never come up before!

Yes that's true we went to a psychology conference where an Edexcel Examiner was speaking
and he said the following to us:
Key issues is exactly the same as contributions

Make sure you know from AS & A2 all the compulsory experiments/case studies and know how to improve them. For example for Little hans, Freud could of used triangulation to improve hi case study etc etc.
Original post by sophia.lega
I find ethnocentrism the most boring, I never really know what to write :frown:

Same haha, I have just learnt the mark scheme for that answer to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same haha, I have just learnt the mark scheme for that answer to be honest

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which mark scheme have you used? :smile:
Original post by sophia.lega
Which mark scheme have you used? :smile:

June 2011, I've learnt the 2 points that give 4 marks and the ones with Etic/emic, Eysenck and Mary Ainsworth. Hopefully that'll be enough to get me the marks on an ethnocentrism question, I hope the 18 marker isn't on 2 debates though! :frown: I want a contributions question :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
June 2011, I've learnt the 2 points that give 4 marks and the ones with Etic/emic, Eysenck and Mary Ainsworth. Hopefully that'll be enough to get me the marks on an ethnocentrism question, I hope the 18 marker isn't on 2 debates though! :frown: I want a contributions question :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I'm gonna look at it now I was literally just having this conversation with one of my friends aswell - if the two questions are on debates I'm screwed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I'm gonna look at it now :smile: I was literally just having this conversation with one of my friends aswell - if the two questions are on debates I'm screwed!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending