The Student Room Group

Georgraphy AQA made up a case study

So in my AQA geography exams in both exams I made up 1 case study because I really wasn't sure what to put, do you think that they are likely to notice and will this mean I get 0 marks on those crucial 8 mark questions.
Reply 1
Yes they will, the examiners are experienced geography teachers who can tell a real case study from a made up one (no matter how good it is) and if they are not sure they will just google it to double check, CAN I ASK..........Did you revise?

sorry for being the person who tells you the truth.
Reply 2
Yes I did revise but what I struggled with was knowing which case study to apply to the question .... well I am in a bit of a bad situation but from what I can see I still have a chance on getting an A since it is only 70% on the test to get an A* and I got 58/60 on my course work.
Reply 3
Original post by 713Wave
Yes they will, the examiners are experienced geography teachers who can tell a real case study from a made up one (no matter how good it is) and if they are not sure they will just google it to double check, CAN I ASK..........Did you revise?

sorry for being the person who tells you the truth.

Also one more thing aside from my other post do you think because I showed understanding of that area then I may get 2/3 marks for it ???
I actually think that you wouldn't get 0...as long as you demonstrated knowledge of the topic/issue, then you should get a few, obviously not full marks but still 3 or so depending on how good it was.
Reply 5
Original post by chocolatefrog354
I actually think that you wouldn't get 0...as long as you demonstrated knowledge of the topic/issue, then you should get a few, obviously not full marks but still 3 or so depending on how good it was.

Well at least that gives me a bit of relief, the rest of the two papers aside from that were quite good so hopefully I will still get an A with my high course work grade.
Original post by Finbar213
Well at least that gives me a bit of relief, the rest of the two papers aside from that were quite good so hopefully I will still get an A with my high course work grade.

Good luck!
Well while I was doing my Geography GCSE I pretty much made up every case study For my 8 markers in the moment because I couldn't remember any of them. Came out strong with an A overall at the end.
Reply 8
Original post by Funnycatvideos
Well while I was doing my Geography GCSE I pretty much made up every case study For my 8 markers in the moment because I couldn't remember any of them. Came out strong with an A overall at the end.

Oh really !!!! Well then you have just made my day.
Reply 9
So in my AQA geography exams in both exams I made up 1 case study because I really wasn't sure what to put, do you think that they are likely to notice and will this mean I get 0 marks on those crucial 8 mark questions.

What was the question? I think you might be alright as long as it isn't too unrealistic.
Also one more thing aside from my other post do you think because I showed understanding of that area then I may get 2/3 marks for it ???

Depends on the examiner you have,
If you have used your fake case study well and used the content you studied in class to beef your answer then yes you get a few marks.
Oh really !!!! Well then you have just made my day.

Just make sure the stats you pull out of your arse aren't too exaggerated. If you do decide to make them up. Not gonna lie it was a risky move.

Quick Reply

Latest