The Student Room Group

Exams

Hey guys,
does anyone know any good dua's for exams/ studying?
Its just that im doing my GCSEs and im just praying to Allah that i get the grades i want.
Thank you
may Allah bless you all
Reply 1
Salaam.

Allahumma shra7 lee sadree wa yassir lee amree wa7lul 3uqdata min lisanee yafqahu qawlee

My rough translation: Oh Allah open up my heart, make this task easy for me and untie the knot from my tongue so I may express fluently

I say this before starting each exam. Remember you have put in the effort from your side, now the rest of your fate is up to Allah. Accept what he wishes. May Allah bless you
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Habiba12
Hey guys,
Its just that im doing my GCSEs and im just praying to Allah that i get the grades i want.
Thank you
may Allah bless you all

How about you study rather than praying because that will actually help
Reply 3
Well OBVIOUSLY im studying-gosh i actually posted this for relevant answers only
Reply 4
Original post by Nayzar
Salaam.

Allahumma shra7 lee sadree wa yassir lee amree wa7lul 3uqdata min lisanee yafqahu qawlee

My rough translation: Oh Allah open up my heart, make this task easy for me and untie the knot from my tongue so I may express fluently

I say this before starting each exam. Remember you have put in the effort from your side, now the rest of your fate is up to Allah. Accept what he wishes. May Allah bless you

Jazakallah kayr :smile:
dw i will put in as much effort as i can.
thanks
Reply 5
Original post by Onde
Hey guys,
does anyone know any good duas for ridding the world of poverty?

Its just that secular organisations are already doing so much, and Allah has been rather silent on the matter.
Thank you

i think you should just pray in general
also dont forget allah had given us knowledge to solve these problems ourselves-he is always there guiding us we just dont know it as much
Reply 6
Original post by Habiba12
Hey guys,
Thank you
may Allah bless you all
Dua can make no difference, because you cannot avoid what Allah has decreed for you, and you cannot gain what he has not.

The results that you obtain are the ones that Allah has decreed for you. You can't do a thing about it.
Unless, perhaps you think that you can get him to change his mind about stuff. But that can't work, because it would mean that he didn't know the future.

Nah, guess that you just have to put up with what he has decreed.
Hope it's good!
Original post by QE2
Dua can make no difference, because you cannot avoid what Allah has decreed for you, and you cannot gain what he has not.

The results that you obtain are the ones that Allah has decreed for you. You can't do a thing about it.
Unless, perhaps you think that you can get him to change his mind about stuff. But that can't work, because it would mean that he didn't know the future.

Nah, guess that you just have to put up with what he has decreed.
Hope it's good!

Now that's a good excuse if you ever fail your exams

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
Now that's a good excuse if you ever fail your exams
Luckily, Allah was most generous when awarding me my GCSEs, and A-levels. Although he dropped the ball a bit with my degree. Perhaps someone told him that I'm not entirely convinced of his existence.

TBH, it's always puzzled me why Allah's awarding of education, as well as life expectancy, standard of living, etc, seems to be determined by the country you live in rather than whether or not you're a Muslim.

Oh well, Allah Knows Best™
Original post by QE2
Luckily, Allah was most generous when awarding me my GCSEs, and A-levels. Although he dropped the ball a bit with my degree. Perhaps someone told him that I'm not entirely convinced of his existence.

TBH, it's always puzzled me why Allah's awarding of education, as well as life expectancy, standard of living, etc, seems to be determined by the country you live in rather than whether or not you're a Muslim.

Oh well, Allah Knows Best™

Loooooool even though your being sarcastic it does genuinely sound like what a Muslim would say
Reply 10
This is what I say before revision and every exam:

Bismillahi rahman ir rahim,
Alhamdulilahi rabbil alamin
Allahuma sali ala sayyidina muhammadin wa ala ali sayyidina muhammadin wa barik wa salim
Rabbi yasir wa la tuassir wa tammim bil kheir. Rabbi zidni ilma
Ya fatah, ya fatah, ya fatah
Rabbi shrahli sadri wa yasirli amri wahlul uqdatan min lisaani yafqahu qawli.

In the name of Allah, most gracious, most merciful.
All praise is to Allah, The Lord of the worlds
Allah send blessings upon our leader Muhammad and on the family of Muhammad, and bless and send peace.
Oh my Lord, make it easy and do not make it difficult, and end it with good. O my lord, increase me in knowledge.
Open my chest for me, and make my matter easy for me, and untie the knot from my tongue so that they understand my speech.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending