The Student Room Group

I'm Fasting - AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by animeamanda1412
some advice for those who are fasting...
have cornflakes for suhur
I swear to God, it helps ALOT
you wouldn't feel half as hungry as you are without it I'm telling you
hell you'd even forget you're fasting because of how not-hungry you are

Spoiler

LOL i love this
I eat a banana and drink water for suhoor im all good btw a banana controls the thirst during the day :smile:
Original post by pinkrox22310
LOL i love this
I eat a banana and drink water for suhoor im all good btw a banana controls the thirst during the day :smile:

my parents tell me that everyday man
have cereal with it- controls the hunger
Original post by Hevachan
Do you think everyone not fasting will go to hell?

No. I don't think that
If you're Muslim and you don't fast and you have reasons why then thats fine but if you just don't then obviously I advise them to read in to Ramadan or maybe try one day :smile:
if your not Muslim then obviously its not in your religion to fast
Original post by romansholiday
You must really struggle! I didn't eat anything yesterday (because I threw up twice as I was nervous for my Bio exam) and my stop was SOOO LOUD in the exam omg.

I hope your God is bringing you strength :smile:

Haha I'm getting use to it :smile:
wow really, I hope you're alright don't stress you can get through this exam season!
Thank u :smile: x
LOL i love this

Ahh i've always been told that milk controls the thirst, so i have a bowl of krave and banana milkshake!!
Original post by SMEGGGY
Eating every midnight defeats the objective, as the unfortunates don't feast at midnight....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Purpose is to feel their hunger not die , nice try tho.
No. I don't think that
If you're Muslim and you don't fast and you have reasons why then thats fine but if you just don't then obviously I advise them to read in to Ramadan or maybe try one day :smile:
if your not Muslim then obviously its not in your religion to fast

Oh so you don't think none Muslims go to hell?
Original post by celloel
Not able to drink water?! That is incredibly dangerous - not drinking for 18 hours straight, for an entire month, during the Summer, when in the UK alone it's 20 degrees? Ok, fast if you want to, but don't put yourself in such danger; what is the need for that.

Yeah no water but there is a time where we are able to eat when its time to break our fast (sunset) and just before sunrise where we stop eating so there's plenty of time to drink water then.
So don't worry its not like we don't drink water for 30 days straight lol
Yeah no water but there is a time where we are able to eat when its time to break our fast (sunset) and just before sunrise where we stop eating so there's plenty of time to drink water then.
So don't worry its not like we don't drink water for 30 days straight lol

Yes I know you don't stop drinking water for 30 days you would die.
I'm saying even the 18 hours of sunlight it is dangerous to not drink water and could lead to becoming severely dehydrated.
Original post by animeamanda1412
my parents tell me that everyday man
have cereal with it- controls the hunger

trust me eat a banana and you'll see how you're fine throughout the day!
Reply 30
I don't see how it defeats the purpose without eating anything for the whole day we'll be completely finished but I do understand what you mean, However the time where we don't eat we really do remember the less fortunate

I think it would be better if you just ate frugally during Ramadan, because not eating during the day and stuffing yourself with samosas as soon as it's dark is meaningless in regards to starvation in the world.

Muslims don't eat less during Ramadan, they just concentrate all their daily food intake on a short time by eating extremely rich meals.

Moreover, I don't understand why you're not even allowed to drink.
Reply 31
Original post by celloel
Not able to drink water?! That is incredibly dangerous - not drinking for 18 hours straight, for an entire month, during the Summer, when in the UK alone it's 20 degrees? Ok, fast if you want to, but don't put yourself in such danger; what is the need for that.

At least a billion people do Ramadan every single year, I'm pretty sure that most of them won't die or have any serious health issues.
What are you having for iftar?
Original post by celloel
Yes I know you don't stop drinking water for 30 days you would die.
I'm saying even the 18 hours of sunlight it is dangerous to not drink water and could lead to becoming severely dehydrated.

Its not that bad I drink 2 bottles of water during that time and I mostly fine throughout the day.
trust me eat a banana and you'll see how you're fine throughout the day!

defo taking your advice
Reply 35
Original post by Josb
I think it would be better if you just ate frugally during Ramadan, because not eating during the day and stuffing yourself with samosas as soon as it's dark is meaningless in regards to starvation in the world.

Muslims don't eat less during Ramadan, they just concentrate all their daily food intake on a short time by eating extremely rich meals.

If one of the goals to be be able to better empathise with the poor, I reckon not eating for 18 hours straight is harder and gives you a more realistic impression of what it's like to starve. Just my opinion, correct me if I'm wrong.
Original post by pecora
At least a billion people do Ramadan every single year, I'm pretty sure that most of them won't die or have any serious health issues.

It's still incredibly dangerous and I see no point in refusing yourself water. What do you gain from not drinking (except migraines from being dehydrated - because you will definitely be dehydrated, mildly/moderately so). How does dehydration help you become closer to your God?
Original post by Josb

Okay I see what you're saying but less fortunate people don't eat less they don't have anything. Yes we eat good meals and we're thankful for that obviously.
But Ramadan is also about giving so we give money to the poor and we hold a lot of charity events and share food around not like we just stuff our face with food without even thinking about others.
Reply 38
Original post by celloel
It's still incredibly dangerous and I see no point in refusing yourself water. What do you gain from not drinking (except migraines from being dehydrated - because you will definitely be dehydrated, mildly/moderately so). How does dehydration help you become closer to your God?

I think any religion is stupid and fasting is too, so I can't really answer that. What I'm saying is, you're probably overestimating the health hazards :smile: Bear in mind, that during this time people also walk less, work less and stay indoors more.
Original post by celloel

In pakistan, its like 45 degrees but every single muslim fasts, even the food shops are closed during the day in ramdan. dont worry we drink alot when we break the fast and your body get used to it. It becomes like drinking at night and not in the day (just like you drink in the day but not at night)

Quick Reply

Latest