The Student Room Group

CCEA - AS History Thread

Scroll to see replies

Not too bad personally.. The sources in germany were just about enabling act
The paper was fine. My favourite topic is Consolidation of Power so I was happy with that. However, what worries me is that everyone found it brilliant so the grade boundaries are going to be a lot higher. I feel my exam would have to be near perfect if I want to get an A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sunflower17
How's everyone find the paper?

Sources were great could have had a better essay option but i went with b !!
Any of yous doing Russia???
Original post by Bubbles98
Any of yous doing Russia???

I am, it is probably the section I am more comfortable with

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
I thought it was quite nice actually!! Found the source very repetitive though so felt like I was repeating myself quite a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I feel the same! I barely had to time to go into great detail on each topic in the essay, bit annoyed about the structure I chose! On to russia next!! 😫😫
Reply 87
Treaty of Versailles was a gift for 12 marks. I found the sources a bit weird though, as they all discussed the Enabling Act and didn't really include other factors.
Yeah I found that with the sources too! They only talked about the enabling law and no other factors but it was still a lovely paper

I put in one wrong date though will i be penalised 😭
Yeah I found that with the sources too! They only talked about the enabling law and no other factors but it was still a lovely paper

I put in one wrong date though will i be penalised 😭

If it is one wrong date im sure you will not be :smile:
Original post by sunflower17
Yeah I feel the same! I barely had to time to go into great detail on each topic in the essay, bit annoyed about the structure I chose! On to russia next!! 😫😫

Russia is the easier paper so dont worry
I feel I answered the 35 marker completely wrong! We were given no guidence on how to write it and no practice so I'm almost 100% certain I've gained little to no marks. It's really shattered my comfidence. I felt I knew consolidation very well but in the heat of the moment I completely forgot the dates and facts. It got to the stage where I was adding in numerous other points in the conclusion and I'm so scared I've failed the whole paper :frown:
Original post by Jackdol99
Russia is the easier paper so dont worry

For Russia section 3 do you think a question would come up about their political aims and dissolving of the assembly etc??? 😰
For Russia section 3 do you think a question would come up about their political aims and dissolving of the assembly etc??? 😰

I don't think they would ask anything outside what has already been asked on the past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am actually terrified of my grade for German history now. The source questions were a gift but this would be a question ALL schools have practised and expected to come up. At GCSE I was a straight A student but now I am concerned I won't even get a B. I covered almost everything in my answer yet the majority of people will have done that also. I wish now that a hard topic had come up so I would feel a lot more comfortable than most people right now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I resat the Germany paper and I'm so much more content with it that I had been last year. Got a D in the paper last year solely because I hadn't revised opposition and it was basically the entire paper ahaha.

I'm resiting Russia on Monday aswell and I've literally left myself today and tomorrow to revise the entire thing, whoops. I'm doing question 1 + 4.
Hoping Q1- Bolshevik/Menshavik spilt- 8 mark
-survival of the tsar-22 mark (gonna learn 1905 really well too tho because I have a feeling they might repeat it from last year)

Q4- how he defeated political rivals or why the purgaes were carried out -8 mark
Economy for 22 mark?

What does everyone else think?
Original post by haannahbee
I resat the Germany paper and I'm so much more content with it that I had been last year. Got a D in the paper last year solely because I hadn't revised opposition and it was basically the entire paper ahaha.

I'm resiting Russia on Monday aswell and I've literally left myself today and tomorrow to revise the entire thing, whoops. I'm doing question 1 + 4.
-survival of the tsar-22 mark (gonna learn 1905 really well too tho because I have a feeling they might repeat it from last year)

Q4- how he defeated political rivals or why the purgaes were carried out -8 mark
Economy for 22 mark?

Can't help you unfortunately!! I'm doing section 2+3
Original post by haannahbee

Economy for 22 mark?

I have the exact same predictions! Although sometimes the repeat questions from 2-3 years ago despite questions not being asked in ages!!
Original post by studyblr_mr
I am actually terrified of my grade for German history now. The source questions were a gift but this would be a question ALL schools have practised and expected to come up. At GCSE I was a straight A student but now I am concerned I won't even get a B. I covered almost everything in my answer yet the majority of people will have done that also. I wish now that a hard topic had come up so I would feel a lot more comfortable than most people right now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry! If you've covered everything and written well in the essay then you'll be grand! Personally I'm disappointed with how I answered the question aswell, I could of done it so much better but as long as you've written a good paper you'll get the grade u deserve! The grade boundaries won't change drastically.. It will still be 80% for an A 70% for a B, meaning if everyone did well there will be a high success rate! Just forget about and don't stress yourself out!
Reply 99
Can't help you unfortunately!! I'm doing section 2+3

What do you think will come up for Q2 and Q3?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending