The Student Room Group

Unit 4 Physics Edexcel A2 and Edexcel IAL

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by PhysicsIP2016
We weren't taught the right hand rule, I didn't know you could use that

Well, the thumb would b thrust (direction of movement), first finger is field and second finger is direction of INDUCED current. You can use it to confirm your answer I guess :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 101
Original post by sabahshahed294
Thank you for your help in 2 and 10. :smile:
For 14b, you are right about the conservation of energy part. And, for the significant figures part, they referred to the fact that if we use more significant figures, then the photon wavelength will change. :s-smilie:

You're welcome :smile:
I guess the more significant the answer, the wavelength would be closer to giving a more accurate velocity, so that final and initial energies become equal?
Not very sure tho :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by AvWOW
You're welcome :smile:
I guess the more significant the answer, the wavelength would be closer to giving a more accurate velocity, so that final and initial energies become equal?
Not very sure tho :/

Not sure myself tbh. :/ I don't really like Physics Unit 4 much lol.
Reply 103
Not sure myself tbh. :/ I don't really like Physics Unit 4 much lol.

omg same haha. < Unit 5
Original post by AvWOW
omg same haha. < Unit 5

:tongue: how many subjects are you appearing for this session? :smile:
Reply 105
:tongue: how many subjects are you appearing for this session? :smile:

Just three: Bio, chem and phy.
I did psych for AS but dropped it. Wbu?
Reply 106
is it just me or revision for a2 is actually less stressful comparing to revision for as :O
Original post by AvWOW
Just three: Bio, chem and phy.
I did psych for AS but dropped it. Wbu?

I'm doing Physics, Chemistry and Maths for A2. I had Biology in AS but dropped. Didn't like the A2 spec much..was creepy :tongue:
Reply 108
I'm doing Physics, Chemistry and Maths for A2. I had Biology in AS but dropped. Didn't like the A2 spec much..was creepy :tongue:

It's actually reallyyy interesting. But yeah the papers are scary :frown:
Good Luck for Unit 4 Chem!
Original post by AvWOW
It's actually reallyyy interesting. But yeah the papers are scary :frown:
Good Luck for Unit 4 Chem!

Bio is interesting but the amount of content to know is too much lol. And, thanks! Wish you the same! :smile:
Could someone explain the graph is like this? I don't understand it we didn't cover this in class.
Original post by target21859
Could someone explain the graph is like this? I don't understand it we didn't cover this in class.

Emf has direction.
If this is moving a magent and coil think about the currents

Posted from TSR Mobile
whats everyone doing in terms of revision from now until exams?

I'm just reviewing past papers already completed + going over the theory in the
shap revision guide the night before. :moon:
Could anyone please explain question 10 in this paper:
https://ad57adc4f6eb5ea42b541057f16290e611d4e42b.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYcHRSNUJpeFpqNXM/June%202014%20QP%20-%20Unit%204%20Edexcel%20Physics.pdf

I tried to piece the answer together by looking at the mark scheme and examiners report but it's only confused me more :s-smilie: Mark scheme says the answer is A but the examiner report says:
For question 10 candidates could have thought about the equation F =mv^2/r and substituted for v =rw for one of the v to show that answer B was correct. However B was often chosen presumably because they had never seen it written in that from and so assumed it was wrong. However without deriving the equation they should have realised that answer A could not becorrect because it is dimensionally wrong.

I'm probably totally misunderstanding this but I can't see what the right answer should be!

Thank you :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by candycake
Could anyone please explain question 10 in this paper:
https://ad57adc4f6eb5ea42b541057f16290e611d4e42b.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYcHRSNUJpeFpqNXM/June%202014%20QP%20-%20Unit%204%20Edexcel%20Physics.pdf

I tried to piece the answer together by looking at the mark scheme and examiners report but it's only confused me more :s-smilie: Mark scheme says the answer is A but the examiner report says:
For question 10 candidates could have thought about the equation F =mv^2/r and substituted for v =rw for one of the v to show that answer B was correct. However B was often chosen presumably because they had never seen it written in that from and so assumed it was wrong. However without deriving the equation they should have realised that answer A could not becorrect because it is dimensionally wrong.

I'm probably totally misunderstanding this but I can't see what the right answer should be!

Thank you :smile:

I think it's confusingly written, it's because the question wants to know the incorrect statement and so A is therefore the incorrect statement (i.e. correct answer) as the force is the product of the mass, radius and angular velocity squared.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
whats everyone doing in terms of revision from now until exams?

I'm just reviewing past papers already completed + going over the theory in the
shap revision guide the night before. :moon:

I had exams these two days so couldn't do much but I'll be starting Physics tonight. Will be doing past papers from tomorrow. Will revise electromagnetism a bit.
I think it's confusingly written, it's because the question wants to know the incorrect statement and so A is therefore the incorrect statement (i.e. correct answer) as the force is the product of the mass, radius and angular velocity squared.

Oh, thank you so much! I have a tendency to miss the point of the question/misread what it's asking when I'm in a rush :blushing: I can tell I'm going to do it on the day. I spent my GCSE history answering a 10 marker and totally missing the word 'not' in the question. I can be my own worst enemy sometimes!
Original post by candycake
Oh, thank you so much! I have a tendency to miss the point of the question/misread what it's asking when I'm in a rush :blushing: I can tell I'm going to do it on the day. I spent my GCSE history answering a 10 marker and totally missing the word 'not' in the question. I can be my own worst enemy sometimes!

It's easily done! I think under the pressures of the exam you tend to be more prone to little mistakes anyway but I always find it is helpful to underline keywords and, if there is a long paragraph explaining the context, to underline key data and read it over at least twice :smile:
It's easily done! I think under the pressures of the exam you tend to be more prone to little mistakes anyway but I always find it is helpful to underline keywords and, if there is a long paragraph explaining the context, to underline key data and read it over at least twice :smile:

Are you allowed to underline questions?
Original post by Mowerharvey
Are you allowed to underline questions?

Yeah, technically there is nothing on the instructions list to say you can't underline. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending