The Student Room Group

What's with all the comments about Lyanna Mormont?

I'm a little confused as to why people think Lyanna Mormont of Bear Island is a match for Daenerys Targaryen as a possible female queen... it doesn't really make any sense and so many people have said it to me and so many articles have been made about it.

It's a tad funny :lol:.

Can anybody else shed some light on why this:

is a match for this:

[video="youtube;kRR0NlesJy8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRR0NlesJy8[/video]

Scroll to see replies

No idea, but she stole the last episode by a mile.
Daenerys is probably the more naive of the two, lol, even though Lyanna's like 12 years old
Lyanna Mormont has done a better job ruling than Danaerys. All Dany can do is conquer, not rule. Look at the mess Meereen is in and look at how she left the other 2 cities she captured. She destroyed their economies overnight and left them in chaos. At least Tyrion is doing something to fix it.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
No idea, but she stole the last episode by a mile.

Lyanna? Really? I disagree...

Original post by StrangeBanana
Daenerys is probably the more naive of the two, lol, even though Lyanna's like 12 years old

How? Rubbish :lol:

Original post by Jack1066
Lyanna Mormont has done a better job ruling than Danaerys. All Dany can do is conquer, not rule. Look at the mess Meereen is in and look at how she left the other 2 cities she captured. She destroyed their economies overnight and left them in chaos. At least Tyrion is doing something to fix it.

I disagree - conquering is a part of her gaining the territory she needs to rule. She's been faced with challenges. King's Landing and the North are hardly in pristine condition. Lyanna has legit nothing to govern, lol.
Original post by ivybridge
How? Rubbish :lol:

nah nah truss me fam

the little girl is actually focused on protecting her people, she took quite a lot of convincing to get her to join Jon in the war

If Daenerys was ruling House Mormont and Jon Snow had come asking for help she would have pledged the whole island to his service the second he opened his mouth

Spoiler

Reply 6
Original post by StrangeBanana
nah nah truss me fam

the little girl is actually focused on protecting her people, she took quite a lot of convincing to get her to join Jon in the war

If Daenerys was ruling House Mormont and Jon Snow had come asking for help she would have pledged the whole island to his service the second he opened his mouth

Spoiler

I don't think she would have done that at all.

And don't be so crass.
Reply 7
I think it's more in the fact that both Lyanna and Dany were pretty young when they were introduced into positions of power. In the books Dany's character is around 13 years old when she becomes khaleesi; around 14-15 when she conquers Meereen (only read snippets of the book, so my memory is vague). But personally I think they're totally different "regents" in that Dany is more of a conquerer and Lyanna is more of a... well, a leader. She's quite a remarkable kid and definitely lacks the insanity of the targaryens.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Arima
I think it's more in the fact that both Lyanna and Dany were pretty young when they were introduced into positions of power. In the books Dany's character is around 13 years old when she becomes khaleesi; around 14-15 when she conquers Meereen (only read snippets of the book, so my memory is vague). But personally I think they're totally different "regents" in that Dany is more of a conquerer and Lyanna is more of a... well, a leader. She's quite a remarkable kid and definitely lacks the insanity of the targaryens.

I don't understand where people get this 'conquerer' idea from - it's like all they've done is watched the last episode, heard with Daario said, and jumped on a bandwagon.
Reply 9
I don't understand where people get this 'conquerer' idea from - it's like all they've done is watched the last episode, heard with Daario said, and jumped on a bandwagon.

Well..... it does make sense. The targaryens have a history of conquering. Aegon was literally dubbed "The Conquerer". Dany's also freed astapor and yunkai and is conquering meereen. And she intends to conquer the seven kingdoms. So yeah it's hard not to get the idea of 'conquerer'.
Lyanna? Really? I disagree...

Disagree all you like, but it was a dull episode and she was just about the only bright point in it.
Reply 11
I dunno. Not seen any of the new series, no Sky and I haven't felt the urge to watch it in low quality on some crappy illegal site. But in the first five seasons at least I find Dany a bit too impetuous.
I'm a little confused as to why people think Lyanna Mormont of Bear Island is a match for Daenerys Targaryen as a possible female queen... it doesn't really make any sense and so many people have said it to me and so many articles have been made about it.

It's a tad funny :lol:.

Can anybody else shed some light on why this:

is a match for this:

[video="youtube;kRR0NlesJy8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRR0NlesJy8[/video]

Are you a dany fanboy? Because honestly, she's my most hated character right now.

And, I do kinda understand the Lyanna hype. I was really impressed with her, how she led her 62 men into war herself, despite being 12. And also, she uses her own judgement about the wights, instead of blindly listening to her maesters. However, I do think the Dany comparison makes no sense. She has nothing to do with Dany.......

Spoiler

Ph you are treating them like real people....
I think people were just taken aback with her badassness and are hyping her up a bit. Just because she can shut down John Snow mid sentence does not make her a good queen possibility for the seven kingdoms.

Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
I dunno. Not seen any of the new series, no Sky and I haven't felt the urge to watch it in low quality on some crappy illegal site. But in the first five seasons at least I find Dany a bit too impetuous.

I've been using NowTv, £6.99 a month and so worth it for Game of Thrones. I did the same last year as well and just cancel it when GoT finishes.
Reply 15
Original post by fandom-queen
Are you a dany fanboy? Because honestly, she's my most hated character right now.

And, I do kinda understand the Lyanna hype. I was really impressed with her, how she led her 62 men into war herself, despite being 12. And also, she uses her own judgement about the wights, instead of blindly listening to her maesters. However, I do think the Dany comparison makes no sense. She has nothing to do with Dany.......

Spoiler

I really fail to get why so many of you guys hate her. She's amazing :frown:

Ph you are treating them like real people....

Nah.

Original post by Arima
Well..... it does make sense. The targaryens have a history of conquering. Aegon was literally dubbed "The Conquerer". Dany's also freed astapor and yunkai and is conquering meereen. And she intends to conquer the seven kingdoms. So yeah it's hard not to get the idea of 'conquerer'.

It is when people suddenly assume that means she can't lead.
Reply 16
Disagree all you like, but it was a dull episode and she was just about the only bright point in it.

How? She sat in a dark room and acted like a 40 year old woman... Dany on Drogon was better :colone:
i have not seen her on my island ?

:hmmmm2:
Reply 18
Lyanna isnt as pretentious as Dany, she's more of a straight talker. Plus she seems like a badass.

How? She sat in a dark room and acted like a 40 year old woman... Dany on Drogon was better :colone:

mate, she gave us yet ANOTHER talk on how she's the greatest blah blah blah. So much cringe. All she's done is capitalise on the fact that she's resistant to heat and has dragons.
Reply 19
I really fail to get why so many of you guys hate her. She's amazing :frown:

The main turn-off for me was

[video="youtube;hxA582uFmvQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxA582uFmvQ[/video]

And from then my dislike grew. Stannis was moody, totally unlikable and boring as well. In fact no ruler or potential ruler has seemed at all good to me except perhaps Jon..

Quick Reply

Latest