The Student Room Group

I'm Fasting - AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by celloel
It's still incredibly dangerous and I see no point in refusing yourself water. What do you gain from not drinking (except migraines from being dehydrated - because you will definitely be dehydrated, mildly/moderately so). How does dehydration help you become closer to your God?

If you're dehydrated you can break your fast by drinking water. It's a valid reason to break it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SeanFM
I disagree - I only need to look here to see that people struggle to do work towards the end of the day and have to get stuff done early - not good for preparation in the exam.

And if you're hungry or thirsty or not feeling well in the middle of an exam.. :s-smilie:

I was fasting when I had my exams, I did not see any reduction in my performance nor in my preparation towards my exams. for those people fasting is not required if they cannot handle it. If you do a little bit of research you will find that fasting has got lots of medical background that an individual can benefit. e.g fasting allows more blood circulation to other organs of the body like heart and kidney and gives the digestive system respite. Also body gets rid of the worn out cells that are not needed and produce new ones instead, fasting increases the production of a protein called BDNF which is involved in long term memory, there are many other benefits that cannot be fitted here :smile:
Original post by DamnDaniel2
If you're dehydrated you can break your fast by drinking water. It's a valid reason to break it.

That makes a bit more sense then!
im hungry.
Original post by pinkrox22310
I'm doing my GSCES and I'm fine. Honestly you don't know till you do it so do you get me :smile:
I revise before I have to break my fast and after and I'm ready for my exam. Most of my exams are in the morning so there's no hunger or thirst then. Afternoon exams are too early for me to feel hungry aswell.

Although many people are different they may struggle a lot but they're being rewarded for their struggle and hard work.

Yes, I see what you're saying and I definitely agree with that - wouldn't know how it actually is unless I did it myself.

I'm not saying don't ever fast or anything like that, I just feels like it puts you at an unnecessary disadvantage during exam season - especially when I think about how I have to drink water in the exam to stay focused/hydrated, and then there's people who fast who can't do that in the exam or the times around it. But I understand that the purpose is that you will be guided and do the same or even better. :yep:
Original post by mariam687
im hungry.

hang in there we've got 4 hours :smile:
Original post by _icecream
Stuff like cornflakes is digested by the body quicker. I don't even have cornflakes even when I'm not fasting. Best thing to eat for suhoor is things that contain complex carbohydrates like Oats because it takes longer for the body to digest it.

I'm talking from experience
but it's your life, do whatever you want :tongue:
hang in there we've got 4 hours :smile:

too longgggggggggggggg
Original post by SeanFM
Yes, I see what you're saying and I definitely agree with that - wouldn't know how it actually is unless I did it myself.

I'm not saying don't ever fast or anything like that, I just feels like it puts you at an unnecessary disadvantage during exam season - especially when I think about how I have to drink water in the exam to stay focused/hydrated, and then there's people who fast who can't do that in the exam or the times around it. But I understand that the purpose is that you will be guided and do the same or even better. :yep:

Yeah I understand exactly what you mean :smile:
Ramadan is mostly in the Summer meaning exam season so we can't really do anything.
too longgggggggggggggg

sleep for 2 hours cut it down to 2 hours LOL
Original post by Josb
Or pretends to fast.

If you pretend you are fasting, you will end up starving anyways because u wont find any food...... So i guess its better to fast
sleep for 2 hours cut it down to 2 hours LOL

might do
Lads I just thought I'd drop in to say thanks for fasting. I'm sure that'll lower grade boundaries for my maths exam by at least 1-2 marks.

*Especially for D1 and C4 where full concentration is a necessity,
(edited 7 years ago)
im hungry.

You weren't the numpty who missed Suhoor though

Original post by celloel
That makes a bit more sense then!

Haha yh. If your health is deteriorating then you are allowed to eat.

The purpose of ramadan isn't only to see how the poor people live but it's also to refrain from all bad habits, such as smoking, swearing etc. You're not meant to do this anyway but during the month of Ramadan it's considered more bad than when it's not (I used to know why but completely forgot).

Also I do understand eating a lot at midnight seems like it ruins the purpose of it but it's just to put ourselves in the shoes of those who are suffering without harming ourselves. It honestly helps us understand the people who are starving.
I would never be able to do this for a day let alone a whole month so I hope everyone who is fasting it's going well for you guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hevachan
Do you think everyone not fasting will go to hell?

No there is no sin for not fasting but u should try to do.
And if u fast Allah(God) will forgive you for the mistakes that u made of 3 years or months, idk but it was said by scholars
im hungry.

Im sure it's not good to complain about hunger during ramadan...
Original post by Zamestaneh
You weren't the numpty who missed Suhoor though

LOL AWW

tht pic tho, made me laugh hehe

oh n btw thanks for da rep frm b4, i couldnt vm u bc ur vms are closed :frown:
Yeah I understand exactly what you mean :smile:
Ramadan is mostly in the Summer meaning exam season so we can't really do anything.

Its nit always in the summer, ramadan moves 11 days forward each year, meaning next year, ramadan will start on the 27th may and so on till it comes in january when the days are shorter and colder
Original post by Josb
I think it would be better if you just ate frugally during Ramadan, because not eating during the day and stuffing yourself with samosas as soon as it's dark is meaningless in regards to starvation in the world.

Muslims don't eat less during Ramadan, they just concentrate all their daily food intake on a short time by eating extremely rich meals.

Moreover, I don't understand why you're not even allowed to drink.

Purpose once is to feel hunger if you ate during the day you wouldn't be hungry.The whole point is too feel their hunger

Quick Reply

Latest