The Student Room Group

Edexcel Biology (Unofficial) B2 Mark Scheme.

Scroll to see replies

oh thx
Original post by ARK_REVISES
Probably 48 for a* as it was relatively easy but hard too because of the fossils
Original post by bue34 c
Believe me the last question has nothing to do with transpiration and water loss

Yh i agree the last question asked you how does water enter into a plant and how does it travel from roots to rest of plant or something like that. I wrote about osmosis via root hair cells then about xylem vessel, not to sure if you had to mention transpiration anyway because its a loss of water it has nothing to do with water entering a plant, albeit it does create a transpiration stream but still i don't think you necessarily needed to include transpiration.

I was petrified by it saying transpiration but when u think back about the question it juz asked how water entered the plants...
Also guys what did u right aboutwhy the peas were crushed and detergent added to it.
Yh i agree the last question asked you how does water enter into a plant and how does it travel from roots to rest of plant or something like that. I wrote about osmosis via root hair cells then about xylem vessel, not to sure if you had to mention transpiration anyway because its a loss of water it has nothing to do with water entering a plant, albeit it does create a transpiration stream but still i don't think you necessarily needed to include transpiration.

I was petrified by it saying transpiration but when u think back about the question it juz asked how water entered the plants...

you don't have to include everything anyway, the mark scheme usually says that you mention a selection of the things that they suggested
Also guys what did u right aboutwhy the peas were crushed and detergent added to it.

i said it breaks down cell walls and membranes and releases the DNA

what did you say for that question which asked why chromosomes were useful in a plant or something?
what did you guys say for that multiple choice question about what protease does
Original post by bue34 c
Believe me the last question has nothing to do with transpiration and water loss

the question didnt ask how water enetred a plant it said the movement of water in a plant and so transpiration counts
Original post by haybe2k

the question didnt ask how water enetred a plant it said the movement of water in a plant and so transpiration counts
Man the question had nothing to do with transpiration... As I still remember the question vividly. And if u wrote that no point crying over it now. Cos it's OGRE!!!
Original post by chelseajabbau
what did you guys say for that multiple choice question about what protease does

I so want to cry now I put down c, it wa wrong what did u write down

i said it decreases pH and emulsifies fat

i cant remember i said something about amino acids but i think its wrong, what letter was correct?
Anyone remember their answer for the one with the Small Intestine & Bile? The Multipe Choice, I mean.
Original post by keepyourapology
Anyone remember their answer for the one with the Small Intestine & Bile? The Multipe Choice, I mean.

I ticked the one saying statement 1 only for small intestine. And for bile I ticked emulsified fats and increases ph
Original post by haybe2k
i said it decreases pH and emulsifies fat

Were talking about something else. But the one u r talking about is 1/2 right as it emulsified fat and increased ph cos it neutralises hcl acid and then turned it into alkaline solution, and alkaline ph was the one that increased ph and acid is the one with decreased ph
Were talking about something else. But the one u r talking about is 1/2 right as it emulsified fat and increased ph cos it neutralises hcl acid and then turned it into alkaline solution, and alkaline ph was the one that increased ph and acid is the one with decreased ph

but u cant get 1/2 a mark so im wrong
i cant remember i said something about amino acids but i think its wrong, what letter was correct?

it was a calculation question for amino acids
it said what is the minimum number of bases neded for 630 amino acids and the answer was
630 x 3 = 1890
Original post by haybe2k
it was a calculation question for amino acids
it said what is the minimum number of bases neded for 630 amino acids and the answer was
630 x 3 = 1890

no not that one, i mean what did you put for the one which was a multiple choice and it asked what protease does
no not that one, i mean what did you put for the one which was a multiple choice and it asked what protease does

The multi choice that asked why do you need protease in the dna extraction experiment for peas? for that i can't exactly remember the options but i sorta remember ticking the answer the states something about using it to break down proteins in nucleus, because the other options didn't make any sense like one which said using to protease to destroy the other digestive enzymes, and that doesn't make sense because you use a high temperature to do that, especially since protease is an enzyme in itself.
Original post by bue34 c
The multi choice that asked why do you need protease in the dna extraction experiment for peas? for that i can't exactly remember the options but i sorta remember ticking the answer the states something about using it to break down proteins in nucleus, because the other options didn't make any sense like one which said using to protease to destroy the other digestive enzymes, and that doesn't make sense because you use a high temperature to do that, especially since protease is an enzyme in itself.

ohhhh right thank you!! i didnt put that :frown: i didnt know it happened in the nucleus so i said the other one about amino acids cuz i thought it breaks down proteins into amino acids

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending