The Student Room Group

AQA Chemistry Paper 2 AS Level 2016 Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GabbytheGreek_48
yeah ikr it sucks i countred through again and found all the stupid mistakes that could have been avoided dont worry though you seem really smart im sure you've gotten an A but yeah during exams your trying to complete stuff as fast as possible and we all tend to miss stuff especially me like with the hexane thing i know hexane has six carbons but in the exam i some how thought it had five and i lost a mark cus of that so dont worrry youll do well

atleast this year the exams are basically meaningless since your predicted grades are purely up to your lecturers discretion, and they are aware of my inability to read lol
Original post by Splaffie
it was exactly 1 square lower because the molar ratio gave 88.888% and 88.88% of 9 is exactly 8

Thats what I got, was there a way to know how much steeper it had to be?
Original post by SURH
what was on the y -axis of the graph?

Product formed possibly? I'm not sure
Original post by neon_reaper

volume of H2
atleast this year the exams are basically meaningless since your predicted grades are purely up to your lecturers discretion, and they are aware of my inability to read lol

lol lucky u i think my predicted grades are based of exams cus my scool dont like wen u just make it up alhough my science teachers know i can get really good grades so if i needed they would probly predict me higher than my exam results
lol lucky u i think my predicted grades are based of exams cus my scool dont like wen u just make it up alhough my science teachers know i can get really good grades so if i needed they would probly predict me higher than my exam results

Same for us, if we want an A* prediction we have to average 90 UMS, A = 80 UMS and so on

volume of H2

Thanks
Reply 266

wasn't it rate of reaction?
Original post by SURH
wasn't it rate of reaction?

rate is the gradient of the curve
Same for us, if we want an A* prediction we have to average 90 UMS, A = 80 UMS and so on

yeah they usually base it on the grades you get although our AS predictions were made based on our work throughout the year then taking two grades lower than that as AS is supposedly harder
Reply 269
rate is the gradient of the curve

only 2 marks, prob got 1

Thanks

nah for us the teachers obviously use your results to base their prediction but they also use your attitude to learning and they can decide if it was an unfortunate fluke in your exams, also i doubt its as solid as that since a lot of sixth forms arent even running as exams this year
nah for us the teachers obviously use your results to base their prediction but they also use your attitude to learning and they can decide if it was an unfortunate fluke in your exams, also i doubt its as solid as that since a lot of sixth forms arent even running as exams this year

I mean we've been told throughout the year that its like that, but I don't know how lenient they'll be when it actually comes to it. And if you're a great student you'll probably be able to win a favour, unlike someone that's just been a prick throughout the year
I mean we've been told throughout the year that its like that, but I don't know how lenient they'll be when it actually comes to it. And if you're a great student you'll probably be able to win a favour, unlike someone that's just been a prick throughout the year

yeah i mean if youve been working hard and pulling As all year and magically get a D or C in the exam im thinking thy would probly see something had went wrong and b lenient
yeah i mean if youve been working hard and pulling As all year and magically get a D or C in the exam im thinking thy would probly see something had went wrong and b lenient

especially since i want A*AA :frown:

i think your defo capable of thatt you seem to know like way more than i do and im aiming for about the same just dont stress and keep working hard

Which subjects are you doing? :smile: (Apart from this of course)
(edited 7 years ago)

Yeah I'm aiming for the same: A* in maths, A in chemistry and biology and hopefully an A in computer science (dropping).
Original post by marcobruni98
Which subjects are you doing? :smile: (Apart from this of course)

chem physics and bio but im gunna drop bio for maths because i dont like bio as much and i was always really good at maths, i prefer to explain things in science with equations and numbers anyway im not sure why i didnt take maths in the first place
Just to clear things up they only asked for two compounds in the precise Mr question :smile:

My sixth form adds a half grade higher to our AS grade and then thats your prediction. For AS I've been predicted AAAB (B in physics :redface:). But I reckon I'll probably get maybe AABB. I would be gutted if my predicted grade turns out to be all AAB because of my school. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending