The Student Room Group

c4 differential equations

I'm revisiting C4 after a 2 year break and did the June 2015 aqa paper q8.

I integrated OK but put the constant of integration on the x side rather that the t side that the mark scheme did.

The rest of my answer was therefore unlike like the mark scheme.

Will someone please remind me of how to decide which side the constant of integration goes on. I have searched my notes to no avail.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by maggiehodgson
I'm revisiting C4 after a 2 year break and did the June 2015 aqa paper q8.

I integrated OK but put the constant of integration on the x side rather that the t side that the mark scheme did.

The rest of my answer was therefore unlike like the mark scheme.

Will someone please remind me of how to decide which side the constant of integration goes on. I have searched my notes to no avail.

Thanks

Doesn't make one iota of a difference. Put it on whichever site you feel like.
Either side, makes no difference
Original post by Zacken
Doesn't make one iota of a difference. Put it on whichever site you feel like.

Thanks.

The mark scheme didn't give an alternative solution to the following part of the question - rearranging to find x in terms of t. I wonder what people doing what I have just done would have been awarded. No matter, you have answered my question and I'll re-score myself.
Reply 4
Original post by maggiehodgson
Thanks.

The mark scheme didn't give an alternative solution to the following part of the question - rearranging to find x in terms of t. I wonder what people doing what I have just done would have been awarded. No matter, you have answered my question and I'll re-score myself.

You'll get full marks as long as all your working is mathematically valid and correct, whatever side your constant is on.

Quick Reply

Latest