The Student Room Group

Do you feel safe in public places?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naf_A
I generally feel safe in all public places until I catch a pervert looking my way, or a guy following me-which leads me to go up to a stranger to talk to them just so that creepy guy can go away! :frown:

Omg people follow you? D: what kind of people? That's scary
Reply 21
Original post by loveleest
I don't feel safe at night what so ever. Mainly because I have heard some terrifying things that has happened in my area at night and it scares me :redface: At night I literally RUN home especially when a car door opens...

Oh D: do you live in London?
Yes. I find London to be very safe, at least where I live.
Reply 23
Original post by Anonymous

Sorry I didn't mean to make this post anonymous
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous

Yup people follow me, and it happens all the time...especially when I am by myself! They are like older men...at least late 20s and early 30s....it makes me cringe so much.....and its always awkwardly weird....I remember when one guy approached me... :frown:
Original post by Hevachan
Oh D: do you live in London?

Yes, south London
Dependent on the area, but I often feel safe (just not around people my age, weirdly enough)
Reply 27
Original post by Naf_A
Yup people follow me, and it happens all the time...especially when I am by myself! They are like older men...at least late 20s and early 30s....it makes me cringe so much.....and its always awkwardly weird....I remember when one guy approached me... :frown:

Ew that's so weird! Are they looking for a girlfriend?
Reply 28
Original post by Marshall Taylor
Dependent on the area, but I often feel safe (just not around people my age, weirdly enough)

Oh really? That's interesting.. Im the opposite haha
Don't feel safe in Tottenham
Reply 30
Original post by Hevachan
Ew that's so weird! Are they looking for a girlfriend?

I have no idea....most of them look married or something...its really creepy.....and it scares me a lot!
I don't really have much reason to stay out after nightfall so yeah I feel fine in public. I guess I don't like being alone outside though. I'm a 16 year old, who lives in London.
Reply 32
There seems to be a London theme :redface:
Original post by Marshall Taylor

How fascinating.
Original post by Konahagakure
Don't feel safe in Tottenham

I don't think many people feel safe there :wink:
alone? not at all.
i literally cannot be in public alone - being left for just a minute will make me panic (sometimes itll lead to an anxiety attack or me crying in front of everyone). i feel like i am constantly being watched by everyone and that someone is always about to attack me.:/

(and no, i havent had any negative experiences that would lead to this)
Original post by Magnus Taylor
How fascinating.

Indeed, what about you?
Yes
I'm more scared of night time when all the creepy vultures come out :hmmm:
Yes, for the most part. But then, I don't tend to walk alone after dark or in particularly dodgy places.

Well, I do currently live in an area with a bit of a drugs problem. But I find they tend to keep themselves to themselves (or are just too zonked out to notice me...).

Quick Reply

Latest