The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level French 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Pablo Picasso
Yeah sorry, and were just making them up. How you feeling for the exam on tuesday? What books are you studying?

Ah nice! Fairly ok, I think my speaking went decent so I've got a bit of leeway hopefully. I'm doing La Haîne and L'Étranger but absolutely hate L'Étranger so am just gambling completely on a nice essay for La Haîne lol. You?
Original post by Fudge2
Ah nice! Fairly ok, I think my speaking went decent so I've got a bit of leeway hopefully. I'm doing La Haîne and L'Étranger but absolutely hate L'Étranger so am just gambling completely on a nice essay for La Haîne lol. You?

Should be ok, i'm doing Sac de Billes only. Can't seem them asking anything foreign or we don't have a clue about
Original post by Fudge2

I'm doing La Haine too. How are you preparing for it? (Either the essay or the exam on the whole?)
Reply 63
Original post by student0042
I'm doing La Haine too. How are you preparing for it? (Either the essay or the exam on the whole?)

For the exam I just watch French YouTube videos lol. Essay idk really I'm just gonna find a way to apply the key scenes to whatever essay comes up haha
Reply 64
Anyone know what raw marks on average are needed for an A*, I know its 90% UMS but raw marks?
Original post by Megh01
Anyone know what raw marks on average are needed for an A*, I know its 90% UMS but raw marks?

100/110 on Unit 3
46/50 on Unit 4
Reply 66
100/110 on Unit 3
46/50 on Unit 4

fml
Reply 67
Hi, does anyone have a la haine essay plan or good notes on any question or anything that they don't mind sending that could help me out? Please 🙂
Original post by Megh01
fml
ikr
How is everyone revising for translation because that's the section that will totally destroy my marks... :/
Reply 70
Original post by eleanor27
How is everyone revising for translation because that's the section that will totally destroy my marks... :/

just vocab and grammar really, have some notes on the topics from my oral and doing past papers. Is there a pattern with the translations as in with the topics like is one topic due to come up this year or is it completely random, anyone know?
Reply 71

I've been doing a mixture of textbook exercises (Elan 2) and all the past exam papers. Also checking back through all the grammar notes from last year as we did hardly any grammar this year.

I'd also recommend the attached document with 100 English-French translation exercises - this has really helped me. :smile:
anyone got any predictions for the translation? Any guesses as to topics?
Sorry if this has already been asked- getting this and the spanish thread mixed up ahaha :/
Reply 73
anyone got any predictions for the translation? Any guesses as to topics?
Sorry if this has already been asked- getting this and the spanish thread mixed up ahaha :/

Had a look at this earlier on today... For the English-French, almost definitely not gonna be Contemporary Issues (thank god) as that's been asked the last 3 papers in all 3 subtopics.

It's kind of pot luck whether it will be environment or multicultural - it seems environment has spent the longest unasked so that's the most likely!

French-English will pretty much definitely be a Contemporary Issues looking back over the past few years..
(edited 7 years ago)
Analysez la façon dont l'individualisme est presenté dans le(s) livre(s) ou dans au moins trois contes que vous avez étudié
Reply 75
Analysez la façon dont l'individualisme est presenté dans le(s) livre(s) ou dans au moins trois contes que vous avez étudié

could that come up? if so I'm screwed
Reply 76
for an essay (for book) on themes, if it doesn't specify how many themes to discuss would 2 be sufficient? Or would three be better?
Original post by Megh01
for an essay (for book) on themes, if it doesn't specify how many themes to discuss would 2 be sufficient? Or would three be better?

Anything more than 1 will suffice. It depends on your level of treatment, and you content within those two themes. Obviously, if your truely only has 2 themes, then it won't be a problem.
Any predictions for the literature questions? :smile:

god, what is l'individualisme?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending