The Student Room Group

STEP Prep Thread 2016 (Mark. II)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Geraer100
Okay, really thanks! I was really afraid that you will say that we have to use implications in all questions!

Okay, so is it more or less the same as a level maths? that we just have to show that the answer didn't come from guessing?

And the arrow (one way) means imply or is it something just like the comma to indicate you go from one expression to another?:smile:

At the back of most A-Level textbooks there is a page on mathematical notation.
Original post by TheWiseMan
At the back of most A-Level textbooks there is a page on mathematical notation.

Okay thanks!
STEP II 2015:

Spoiler

Attachment not found
Okay, really thanks! I was really afraid that you will say that we have to use implications in all questions!

Okay, so is it more or less the same as a level maths? that we just have to show that the answer didn't come from guessing?

And the arrow (one way) means imply or is it something just like the comma to indicate you go from one expression to another?:smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheWiseMan
Attachment not found

Spoiler

Spoiler

Great thanks for that!!! The plus and minus signs are also there Hahahaa:tongue:
Original post by sweeneyrod
STEP II 2015:

Spoiler

Well done

Posted from TSR Mobile
who does chemistry
Reply 807
Original post by Number Nine
who does chemistry

Them

http://famouschemists.org/

they dead boy like you soon
Reply 809
they dead boy like you soon

Yeah, STEP is in 3 days
who does chemistry

OCR?
Original post by mpaterson
OCR?

yeah OCR do chemistry

/s

im on aqa
Q5, JUNE 2000, STEP I,

Why the coordinate in j of A is dsin(alpha), should not it be dsin(alpha)cos(theta) and the j of B should it be dsin(beta)cos(theta)?
Original post by sweeneyrod
STEP II 2015:

Spoiler

I've done the paper today.

Spoiler

Just a quick check: when showing arcoshx= ln{1+(x^2-1)^1/2} I am able to look at cosh { ln{1+(x^2-1)^1/2}}= x and deduce the result from this?
Reply 815
Original post by EnglishMuon
Just a quick check: when showing arcoshx= ln{1+(x^2-1)^1/2} I am able to look at cosh { ln{1+(x^2-1)^1/2}}= x and deduce the result from this?

I suppose you could, yeah. Jammy git. xD
Original post by Zacken
I suppose you could, yeah. Jammy git. xD

lol u know me, i aint bout dat fiddle :wink:
June 2000, step ii, q3,

When a, b and c are small, why (1+(13a-2b+24c)/49)^1/2 is more or less equal to (1+(13a-2b+24c)/98)), with just the denominator doubled?:smile:
Reply 818
June 2000, step ii, q3,

When a, b and c are small, why (1+(13a-2b+24c)/49)^1/2 is more or less equal to (1+(13a-2b+24c)/98)), with just the denominator doubled?:smile:

sqrt(1+a) approx 1 + a/2 by the binomial expansion
I also did STEP II 2015 today

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending