The Student Room Group

Worked Mark scheme for Maths Edexcel 2016

Scroll to see replies

Ok oh yeah I remember the topic list, thanks a lot. You helped me a lot too. :biggrin:
Original post by there'snoneed
okay thnks so much
No problem. :smile:
Reply 42
same i only got 84 due to stupid mistakes...
Reply 43
What grade will 152 be??

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm would really like to say that i didn't lose more than 10 marks on each paper but I don't want to get my hopes up.
No, if I didn't give you it, someone else would, that topic list was in your fate. :tongue:
Reply 46
Original post by Rajive
68 on paper 1 and 77 on paper 2 now. What would that be anyone? Roughly

That would be a solid A :smile:
Haha, your welcome and I'm lucky to have a friend like you. :biggrin:
Question 11 is wrong, it's £46 something
Yay, you're popular now! :biggrin:
Lowest possible mark : 152/200
Highest : 173/200
What grades would these be?? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sorry. :frown: Times really have changed. :biggrin:
DOES 60 - 70 marks + 36 - 41 marks add up to a B GRADE?
Original post by hamza772000
Yeah, you do have to add it, that's one of the errors, the other one is that the last question is 80.4 and not 80.3. :smile:

There is definitely going to be a range because people will round at different stages so they will end up with a different answer. Past mark schemes have also allowed a range.
Reply 54
Is 168 enough for an A* (lost 11 on this paper and 21 on the other)??
Reply 55
Thanks
Original post by Samii123
There is definitely going to be a range because people will round at different stages so they will end up with a different answer. Past mark schemes have also allowed a range.
I know what you mean, however when it comes to angles, there's no range because an angle is an angle so whatever method you use you should get the same answer.

I'll show you the error in this one, if you look closely the person has worked out that angle CBA= 40.00..... using the area of a triangle formula, however when it comes to using the sine rule he puts in sin(40) which is incorrect, you can't just round the angle to 2 s.f.
Reply 57
I got 100 over all in both papers what grade is that?
I got 78/100 in paper 1 and 90/100 in paper 2. 168/200 A*?
T
Original post by hamza772000
I know what you mean, however when it comes to angles, there's no range because an angle is an angle so whatever method you use you should get the same answer.

I'll show you the error in this one, if you look closely the person has worked out that angle CBA= 40.00..... using the area of a triangle formula, however when it comes to using the sine rule he puts in sin(40) which is incorrect, you can't just round the angle to 2 s.f.

There has been ranges on past papers for angles before though.

Quick Reply