The Student Room Group

Edexcel June 2016 FP2 UK (and IAL) Solutions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
highly doubt full will change from 75 tbh. People are really overreacting on this paper. The paper had lots of standard questions and it was all doable. People complain a lot about the DE but many other questions were free marks (namely the show thats) which will pull up it back up

Only time will tell. We shall see in August.
In any case, whatever the boundaries, hope everyone does well :smile:
youre all going to fail ahahahahaha i can tell none of you are any good at maths
Original post by Zacken
Hey!

The solutions for the UK Edexcel June 2016 FP2 paper can be found here.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6CGjKYdIeFEQm15cnVSRlh5SkU

Seems like a standard paper overall bar the massively ugly polar coordinates question. Expecting slightly lower boundaries than previous years.

Cheers,
Zacken.

Hi, on the polar coordinates Q, I split the shape into a sector which left me with 2 small parts to find the area but I integrated it with the wrong limits. How many marks will I lose?
Also on the de moivres theorem, i forgot to divide by 32 in part a meaning my part b is also incorrect. how many marks will i lose for this?
Thank you
Reply 83
Original post by neyjunior
Hi, on the polar coordinates Q, I split the shape into a sector which left me with 2 small parts to find the area but I integrated it with the wrong limits. How many marks will I lose?

Drop 2/3 marks.

Also on the de moivres theorem, i forgot to divide by 32 in part a meaning my part b is also incorrect. how many marks will i lose for this?
Thank you

Drop 3 marks.
Original post by Zacken
Drop 2/3 marks.

Drop 3 marks.

Thank you very much
@Zacken

Apologies for the late post.

How many marks do you think I would've lost:

1) For 4(a), when dividing by p, I stupidly forgot to divide the RHS by p. Integrating factor + my follow through was all correct though. Also, would they except follow through for the limits question which comes straight after?

2) Argand diagrams: 4 points in 4 quadrants. 2 points were correctly placed within their respective quadrants, but two weren't.

3) Polar: above my final answer I wrote 2(first integral * second) which was, if calculated correctly, the right answer. But in my final answer I wrote 16.25 (i.e. forgot to multiply by 2)/
Reply 86
Original post by Nikhilm
@Zacken

Apologies for the late post.

How many marks do you think I would've lost:

1) For 4(a), when dividing by p, I stupidly forgot to divide the RHS by p. Integrating factor + my follow through was all correct though. Also, would they except follow through for the limits question which comes straight after?

Drop 2/3 marks over the 5.

2) Argand diagrams: 4 points in 4 quadrants. 2 points were correctly placed within their respective quadrants, but two weren't.

Drop 1 mark.

3) Polar: above my final answer I wrote 2(first integral * second) which was, if calculated correctly, the right answer. But in my final answer I wrote 16.25 (i.e. forgot to multiply by 2)/

Drop 1 mark.
Original post by Zacken
Drop 2/3 marks over the 5.

Drop 1 mark.

Drop 1 mark.

Cheers, hopefully 70 is still an A*
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nikhilm
Cheers, hopefully 70 is still an A*

I reckon there's a high chance it will be. Well done !
@Zacken Hope you're well, how many marks would a buddy of mine get for doing this for 2b? (this is all, and exactly what he wrote)

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by edothero
@Zacken Hope you're well, how many marks would a buddy of mine get for doing this for 2b? (this is all, and exactly what he wrote)

Spoiler

The LaTeX isn't working. :frown:
Original post by Zacken
The LaTeX isn't working. :frown:

Weird, working on my screen, could it be the website?
Ill try again:

Spoiler

Reply 92
Weird, working on my screen, could it be the website?
Ill try again:

Spoiler

Not working on mine, could you take a screenshot of it and post it as an image?
Original post by Zacken
Not working on mine, could you take a screenshot of it and post it as an image?

Attached
Reply 94
Attached

He'd get 2 marks.
Original post by Zacken
He'd get 2 marks.

Cheers :yy:
what grade do you think I'd get if I got 50/55 ? C at least ?
What would you say the A boundary would be?
does anyone have the FP2 june 2016 question paper
Attachment not found

IMAG1890.jpg

Was trying to solve this, any mistake that I have made? I assumed this to be an incorrect answer :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending