The Student Room Group

What do i do? And please dont be too harsh about it.

I was in a LDR with this guy for a little while and we were pretty much perfect together, we never argued, we laughed all the time and had fun all the time. Now, we broke up before because of this reason so the first time we broke up hes was really busy with papers for school. He was really busy and had pretty much no time to talk, he would text maybe like 4 times a day but that's it, so I ended it. He was the type of person when he was doing something or school or work he would put 100% into it and ignore everything around him. We got back together 3 days later and after he was done his papers he had so much time for me. A couple months pass and he was looking for a summer job and getting ready for university in the fall so again he didn't have a lot of time for me and this time it got worse because I was in love with him so it hurt a lot. I told him about how I was feeling and he apologized saying it would get better and then it didn't, so I asked again and he said it would get better and then it didn't again. So he decided to end it. He told me I didn't deserve to feel like that. It wasn't fair to me to be in a relationship with someone who couldn't give me enough time and he said it hurt him that he was the reason I was unhappy and all hes ever wanted was for me to be happy. He told me we could maybe try being friends in a few months just so we can heal. But I don't want to just be friends so I contacted him a couple of times in the past month and hes ignored every single message. He still keeps me on social media but ignores all my messages and it hurts. I don't know what to think. If maybe hes moved on, or he needs to heal, or hes taking the break up hard I don't know. He doesn't post anything on social media but he does unfollow and accept peoples follows so I know hes still alive. But I don't know what to think of it anymore.
Reply 1
Original post by happydays1990
I was in a LDR with this guy for a little while and we were pretty much perfect together, we never argued, we laughed all the time and had fun all the time. Now, we broke up before because of this reason so the first time we broke up hes was really busy with papers for school. He was really busy and had pretty much no time to talk, he would text maybe like 4 times a day but that's it, so I ended it. He was the type of person when he was doing something or school or work he would put 100% into it and ignore everything around him. We got back together 3 days later and after he was done his papers he had so much time for me. A couple months pass and he was looking for a summer job and getting ready for university in the fall so again he didn't have a lot of time for me and this time it got worse because I was in love with him so it hurt a lot. I told him about how I was feeling and he apologized saying it would get better and then it didn't, so I asked again and he said it would get better and then it didn't again. So he decided to end it. He told me I didn't deserve to feel like that. It wasn't fair to me to be in a relationship with someone who couldn't give me enough time and he said it hurt him that he was the reason I was unhappy and all hes ever wanted was for me to be happy. He told me we could maybe try being friends in a few months just so we can heal. But I don't want to just be friends so I contacted him a couple of times in the past month and hes ignored every single message. He still keeps me on social media but ignores all my messages and it hurts. I don't know what to think. If maybe hes moved on, or he needs to heal, or hes taking the break up hard I don't know. He doesn't post anything on social media but he does unfollow and accept peoples follows so I know hes still alive. But I don't know what to think of it anymore.

Hey,

I'm sorry to hear this - relationship trouble is an arse!

I say try to move on, as he doesn't seem to be right for you; this will only keep happening, and he's right when he says you don't deserve this.

Hope this helps!

H
Original post by happydays1990

I'm sorry this happened to you.
I advise you to move on and meet someone else.
You deserve better
You deseve to be happy. Your EX was right when saying this.
I know it hurts to leave him.
But you NEED to leave him
Don't let a MAN reuin your chance of happiness.
He was smart enough to break it off. So you ought to be smart enough to blank him.
Don't message him on social media. Pretend he does not exist. Just like how he is presenting you don't exist by ignoring your messages.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by PrincessBO$$
I'm sorry this happened to you.
I advise you to move on and meet someone else.
You deserve better
You deseve to be happy. Your EX was right when saying this.
I know it hurts to leave him.
But you NEED to leave him
Don't let a MAN reuin your chance of happiness.
He was smart enough to break it off. So you ought to be smart enough to blank him.
Don't message him on social media. Pretend he does not exist. Just like how he is presenting you don't exist by ignoring your messages.
Conversely, she could have recognised that it isn't fair to expect someone to be constantly on dth other end of their phone, especially when they're at uni or in work. She ended it the first time with him because he was getting on with his work rather than text her - that's a *****y, selfish, pathetic thing to do; putting him in a situation wherein his emotions could distract him from his work and impact his grades. All because he wasn't texting her often enough.

I'm in a LDR myself and, yes, this kind of thing has been a source of frustration at times, but I wouldn't break up with the woman I love because she doesn't text me often enough.

Attachment not found
Reply 4
Original post by Tootles
Conversely, she could have recognised that it isn't fair to expect someone to be constantly on dth other end of their phone, especially when they're at uni or in work. She ended it the first time with him because he was getting on with his work rather than text her - that's a *****y, selfish, pathetic thing to do; putting him in a situation wherein his emotions could distract him from his work and impact his grades. All because he wasn't texting her often enough.

I'm in a LDR myself and, yes, this kind of thing has been a source of frustration at times, but I wouldn't break up with the woman I love because she doesn't text me often enough.

Attachment not found

Bit harsh? If she can't cope with this, he's obvs not for her...
Original post by Tootles

Attachment not found

if you actually read it right he was LOOKING for a job so he didn't have one yet and he was GETTING READY to go to uni in the fall so that's in about 4 months.
Original post by Tootles

Attachment not found

it literally takes less than a minute to send a text. four texts a day to someone who openly admits to needing more than that is not just a matter of being too busy with school. you can take more than four minutes out in an entire day to text the one you love.

people have different needs when it comes to relationships. i for one need am awful lot of attention (although a lot of that is down to some mental health issues i have) and my s/o knows that. some people can get by on four texts a day. dont piss on someone just because they cant.
its not as though op had a go or burnt down his house - they just broke up with him, which is what they felt was best for them at the time.

op, im really sorry that youve had this experience. judging by the fact that he said multiple times it would get better and it didnt, i would suggest you try and move on. you deserve someone who you can have a more comfortable and satisfying relationship with - there are many people out there who would be better for you than him.
its not easy, i know, but time will heal. he just was not the person for you, and that is okay. hang on in there.
Reply 7
Wow that's so mean and selfish that you expect him to hold your hand 24/7 and you knew that he was busy too
And also when you are busy the last thing you need is to be reminded of is all the things you would rather be doing.
You know you did wrong just judging by the title
LDR are hard and you should expect to be lonely at times, did you expect to spend 6 hours on the phone? lol
I feel sorry for him cause you probably made him feel really guilty for the fact that he couldn't satisfy your constant needs.
Maybe you should think about the reality over what you wish when you go for a LDR

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending