The Student Room Group

How do I cancel going to Uni???

I've been accepted into Staffs Uni on an undergraduate Sports Journalism course, my student finance has even been fully processed and accepted at this stage but I've been offered a very good full time job starting in September so I now don't want to go to University, so how do I let my Uni know that I no longer want to go there? Do I have to do it through UCAS (which is how I applied in the first place)? If so, how do I do it? Would appreciate any advice, thanks.
There's a withdrawal options through UCAS.
Suggestion - defer your offer for a year rather than just cancelling it.

This way you still have Uni as an option if the job doesn't work out, or you simply change your mind. You have nothing to lose by deferring - you can still cancel it at any point up to Sept 2017.
Reply 3
Original post by returnmigrant
Suggestion - defer your offer for a year rather than just cancelling it.

This way you still have Uni as an option if the job doesn't work out, or you simply change your mind. You have nothing to lose by deferring - you can still cancel it at any point up to Sept 2017.

Thank you I appreciate that, I know I might sound stupid by asking but how exactly do I defer the offer?
Reply 4
Original post by Yousuf1503
Thank you I appreciate that, I know I might sound stupid by asking but how exactly do I defer the offer?

Contact your universities and ask them. And it's much better to do it now than on Results Day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Contact your universities and ask them. And it's much better to do it now than on Results Day.

Good advice above for everyone thinking of deferring - do it now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending