The Student Room Group

A-levels

I will be taking Maths, Further Maths and Economics at A-level next academic year. Does anyone take those subjects or hopes to next academic year like me?

Scroll to see replies

No idea how people take maths by choice. I hated it haha
Reply 2
Original post by amxnda_ldn
I will be taking Maths, Further Maths and Economics at A-level next academic year. Does anyone take those subjects or hopes to next academic year like me?

I do maths and further maths at the moment (I'm doing my A2s now) and I know a bit about economics as my friends have done it. What do you need?
Reply 3

Currently at the end of year 12 exams - I will have done all of A level maths in 10/11 days :smile: doing FM next year, feel free to ask any questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by kennz
I do maths and further maths at the moment (I'm doing my A2s now) and I know a bit about economics as my friends have done it. What do you need?

Hi,
I'm quite good at Maths but i know the jump from GCSE to A-level in terms of difficulty will be BIG. Do you think i should send time doing revision this coming summer on those subjects or should i wait until Sept? What do you aspire to be in the future and what course will you take at uni if you decide to go?
I do economics. It can get boring but it's a really good a level. AS is ridiculously easy (you dont even need to revise) but A2 gets really hard.
Reply 6
Original post by 98matt
Currently at the end of year 12 exams - I will have done all of A level maths in 10/11 days :smile: doing FM next year, feel free to ask any questions

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive heard that Further Maths is really, really hard, even if you are very good at GCSE Maths. Is this true? if so then why?
Reply 7

I take Economics now, I regret it all...
Reply 8
Original post by BirdIsWord
I do economics. It can get boring but it's a really good a level. AS is ridiculously easy (you dont even need to revise) but A2 gets really hard.

do you have to have done GCSE economics in order to understand what is taught at the beginning of AS?
Reply 9
Original post by G.S.G
I take Economics now, I regret it all...

why is that?

I do Economics A2. I found it really hard at AS but I love it now. Feel free to ask me any questions!
I'm hoping to do the same next year but computing as well :smile:
Reply 12
why is that?

In my personal experience this year and last doing Edexcel it's just so much head ache, to give some context i do Business too which I'd recommend over Economics due to the enjoyment and you'd still be doing some economics just more in a finance and business context. Economics is just a lot to learn and exams drains the fun out of the subject 101% Will also be the sole reason I don't get into my Firm Uni (if i don't :frown:)
Reply 13
Original post by G.S.G
In my personal experience this year and last doing Edexcel it's just so much head ache, to give some context i do Business too which I'd recommend over Economics due to the enjoyment and you'd still be doing some economics just more in a finance and business context. Economics is just a lot to learn and exams drains the fun out of the subject 101% Will also be the sole reason I don't get into my Firm Uni (if i don't :frown:)

sorry to hear about that
Reply 14
Original post by xxFreyaWxx
I'm hoping to do the same next year but computing as well :smile:

what do you want to be in the future? i wanted to do computing too but the school i want to go to only allows you to take 3 subjects.
Reply 15
sorry to hear about that

Can be different in your case though thats just my experience, also if you're anticipating a lot of maths (considering your doing Math and FM) there isn't a lot... like none, just graphs and such. Depends what you want to do at University or after A-Levels to be honest.
Reply 16
Original post by G.S.G
Can be different in your case though thats just my experience, also if you're anticipating a lot of maths (considering your doing Math and FM) there isn't a lot... like none, just graphs and such. Depends what you want to do at University or after A-Levels to be honest.

thank you!
what do you want to be in the future? i wanted to do computing too but the school i want to go to only allows you to take 3 subjects.

Definitely something to do with Maths but I'm not sure exactly, wbu? Aw, that's a shame :frown:
Reply 18
Original post by xxFreyaWxx
Definitely something to do with Maths but I'm not sure exactly, wbu? Aw, that's a shame :frown:

Same with me. all i know is that i want to be a programmer who is a CEO of a large company!
Reply 19
thank you sooo much for your advice!! i will take it into consideration!

Quick Reply

Latest