The Student Room Group

AQA psychology B PSYB3/PSYB4 PREDICTIONS!

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know what to write and structure in debates and approach 12 mark questions!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys can anyone tell me if Social Learning Theory is able to explain insight learning and how? x
Reply 82
Original post by nicole12345
Guys can anyone tell me if Social Learning Theory is able to explain insight learning and how? x

Um Im not sure about social learning theory explaining insight, thats more cognitive behavioural therapy using treatments such as anger management to help people understand their thoughts and events that trigger them. Social learning theory can explain behaviour through observational learning e.g. from watching role models. Hope this helps x
Guys can someone briefly read over my essay iv started writing on nature vs nurture xx and tell me if its good and like peer asses it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by gemstone100
Guys can someone briefly read over my essay iv started writing on nature vs nurture xx and tell me if its good and like peer asses it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure I'll peer "asses" it :wink:, Let me read it then Ill let you know my thoughts
Reply 85

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its a really good start, Id extend the point about using an interactionist approach just a lil bit more by saying that one approach isnt sufficient enough to explain behaviour/disorders and that the best way is to use the interactionist approach as it provides a fuller picture.
Also you said MZ twins share 100% concordance but what you mean is that they share 100% DNA so surely if concordance is not 100% environmental factors play a role and its not solely genetic.
If i think of anything else Ill add it but it looks good so far, talk about the different methods they use
Thank youuu! What would you score it based on that so far? I moved on to talk about gender and the dr money study saying nature had a huge role in that when he did the sex change. I spoke about the strengths and weaknesses of each nature vs nurture. I spoke about the diathesis stress model stating how abnormal brain functions can cause depression and how certain environmental triggers can cause depression showing an interactionist view etc etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha oops.. typo didnt realise :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
Thank youuu! What would you score it based on that so far? I moved on to talk about gender and the dr money study saying nature had a huge role in that when he did the sex change. I spoke about the strengths and weaknesses of each nature vs nurture. I spoke about the diathesis stress model stating how abnormal brain functions can cause depression and how certain environmental triggers can cause depression showing an interactionist view etc etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

For what ive read so far I would give 4 AO1 points and 5 AO2 points but obviously as youve added more with the money study and diathesis stress model if you explained those properly that would be 2 more AO2s
Yaaay.. Thanks for peer assessing it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
This is going to sound stupid baring in mind the exam is on Tuesday morning... But I'm still not fully 100% on how to write debates essays... been told its not as simple as a PEEL structure? which is what I'm still programmed to do. Can anybody give me some advice or show me how to write a debates & approaches essay please? Sorry to be a pain! :frown:
Based on what I know is for example if they gave a question on nature vs nurture you should:

- look for topics this could relate too. I like to go for gender forensics and mood disorders
- you have to use the content to argue how nature and nurture is applied... for example in depression, if your parents have depression there is a 46% chance you will get it suggesting that depression is pre determined by genes and a biological basis. You would then talk a bit about nature
- use the same point but argue it for nurture... for example... the environment can play a huge role on depression and mood disorders. And example is expressed emotion which suggests too much arousal can cause high relapse rates etc etc this links to nurture etc *explain*
- talk about studies.. so there when I talked aboit expressed emotion bring in bebbington and kuipers results and how it could link to nurture etc
-make sure if you are given a stem you relate it back to the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JJ_98
Um Im not sure about social learning theory explaining insight, thats more cognitive behavioural therapy using treatments such as anger management to help people understand their thoughts and events that trigger them. Social learning theory can explain behaviour through observational learning e.g. from watching role models. Hope this helps x

that does, thanks!
Does anyone have any good example essays for debates plsss

Posted from TSR Mobile
Free will ans determinism... holism reductionism

Posted from TSR Mobile
Free will ans determinism... holism reductionism

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try planning one and we'll take a look :smile:

An essay for one of the debates, it's the best way of revising apart from actually writing the whole thing out :smile:
Haha I ended up writing one instead. I still have the approaches to do ahh

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you use synoptic links in essays and also how do you get marks for evaluation??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply