The Student Room Group

Girls only please!!! do your boobs hurt before your period?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gameofno
Im not even kidding I go bra shopping so much and get measured so much and I just hate it all. I was a D when I was like 13 and I've had boobs from such a young age so it just sucks. I wear supportive bras but sometimes I just hate them all and wanna rip them all off.
And nooo!!!! Hahahah. I get back massages xx

Yeah I know they can be annoying but wearing them for a few days before your period can't hurt.
and ohhhh i was going to say.. didn't think boob massages were a thing:rofl::rofl:
2 days before my period my dick begins to throb and the night before they begin my foreskin retracts without erection.
during my period my nipples are always quite itchy and my breasts balloon.
Reply 42
Original post by Banana208
Yeah I know they can be annoying but wearing them for a few days before your period can't hurt.
and ohhhh i was going to say.. didn't think boob massages were a thing:rofl::rofl:

HAHAHH boob massages:')
Reply 43
Original post by Anonymous
2 days before my period my dick begins to throb and the night before they begin my foreskin retracts without erection.
during my period my nipples are always quite itchy and my breasts balloon.

mate why do you have to say things like this???????/??/?/)/
mate why do you have to say things like this???????/??/?/)/

i apologise for giving my personal experience as an input, I thought maybe others could relate and we'd have a big party.
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous
i apologise for giving my personal experience as an input, I thought maybe others could relate and we'd have a big party.

How unfortunate
How unfortunate

unfortunate for you since you can't join the party.
nah for real now.
yes my boobs do hurt, mostly it's my nipples get itchy AF!!! and it's kind of like a stinging pain in my boobs overall, they feel really heavy and they do actually balloon.
Damn E/F! That must hurt. I need to try all these remedies. Is a heat bag very effective??? I think I'll do that before bed, when they are at their most vulnerable :frown:

Literally it kills but I am used to it and yes it should work, if not then get some Deep Heat message ointment from pharmacies and shops, works a treat.
Yup,they become tender but usually the pain/soreness goes away after some time
Reply 50
I get sore boobs and a sore back during my period. I feel for you, OP. :console:
Reply 51
Original post by Airmed
I get sore boobs and a sore back during my period. I feel for you, OP. :console:

:frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 52
lol
have a hot bath, use a hot water bottle, lie down in bed.
i struggle with this also x

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg i get the same! i'm only a 32 B and my nipples get really sore before my periods. It sucks being a girl!
My boobs felt like that before my period and my boobs are smaller than yours (36C) so I'm not sure your size is the problem. I had other problems with my periods so my doctor put me on the pill and it stopped my periods altogether. The only period related thing I get is the munchies and getting angry/sad about really odd things (then again I'm a drama queen who loves to each so it might not be period related!). I hope you get yourself sorted, periods suck! :smile: x
Yeah mine hurt before and during my period. They are sore if my arm rubs off them accidentally or something knocks into them and even just walking up stairs can be agony and I have to support them while I walk up sometimes. I don't have particularly big boobs so that's not the cause. Its hormonal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Hi. So my breasts always feel so sore before my period:frown: My size is 34DD and i feel like I'm touching a bruise when I touch them before my period. Does anyone know how to make them feel less uncomfortable? They give me back pain too which is very irritating. I'm only 15 so my parents won't let me get a breast reduction. I like them most of the time but they're feeling quite painful now. Any remedies would be really appreciated. Thank you xx

100%. I'm a 34 D and about two or so days before my period my boobs are so sore and tender. I use this as an indicator for my period's arrival. I don't necessarily get back pain but I kind of agree with your parents...15 is a bit too young to get a breast reduction. Only because boobs completely stop growing when you're about 22. Any altercation you make now will only cause complications in the future.

About the painful boob situation, I wear sports bras or tight-ish crop tops to school instead of a bra so I can still get support without the constriction of a whole bra. But as soon as I get home I wear a bandeau and stuff it with some cool packs or use cooling gel and wear a baggy jumper for comfort.

I know its so annoying, I hate it too.
I normally take ibroprofen with the strength of about 200mg (only one tablet) for backpain when I occasionally feel it. But speak to a medical professional first

GOOD LUCK xxx
Reply 58
Original post by ebxnyxo
100%. I'm a 34 D and about two or so days before my period my boobs are so sore and tender. I use this as an indicator for my period's arrival. I don't necessarily get back pain but I kind of agree with your parents...15 is a bit too young to get a breast reduction. Only because boobs completely stop growing when you're about 22. Any altercation you make now will only cause complications in the future.

About the painful boob situation, I wear sports bras or tight-ish crop tops to school instead of a bra so I can still get support without the constriction of a whole bra. But as soon as I get home I wear a bandeau and stuff it with some cool packs or use cooling gel and wear a baggy jumper for comfort.

I know its so annoying, I hate it too.
I normally take ibroprofen with the strength of about 200mg (only one tablet) for backpain when I occasionally feel it. But speak to a medical professional first

GOOD LUCK xxx

When i get home i just take it off and free my boobs because I feel like theyre in a prison lmao!!!!! The feeling of getting the bra off though is like damn jesus.
I've been taking profen lately when iit hurts, and it does actually help! But i take 2 tablets usually :smile:
thank you xxxxx god save all boobs lol
Hi. So my breasts always feel so sore before my period:frown: My size is 34DD and i feel like I'm touching a bruise when I touch them before my period. Does anyone know how to make them feel less uncomfortable? They give me back pain too which is very irritating. I'm only 15 so my parents won't let me get a breast reduction. I like them most of the time but they're feeling quite painful now. Any remedies would be really appreciated. Thank you xx

A breast reduction while you're still growing sounds like a bad idea anyway. If you go to your doctor, they may be able to help. I've had back pain from my breasts since puberty, and since I injured my back on top of that it's pretty bad. I'm 18 and considering a reduction in the future, but even then I'll be waiting until I'm in my early 20s, as that's about when your breasts have quit. I'd definitely talk to someone about it, but they won't even consider a reduction anyway until you've tried everything else, but they'll help you go through 'everything else'. As for the tenderness, it's normal. Large breasts or not, most women have this around the period. You may find OTC pain medication useful for when it's particularly bad, and possibly a bigger and more comfortable bra.

Quick Reply