The Student Room Group

What salary are you aiming to earn when you are 25?

Scroll to see replies

Happiness
Whatever the yearly amount for JSA is at the time.
Original post by thegodofgod
Top of Band 9 (£99,437 at the moment, with up to £6,405 more if you're based in Central London), as the Chief Pharmacist - you would be in charge of the whole pharmacy team, which at a large NHS Trust could include 250-300 staff, of whom about 75-100 would be pharmacists.

Thanks again.
I'll probably be on my last year of foundation training after med school, so around 30K
Original post by fallen_acorns
I run a small educational consultancy in China. We do a mixture of teaching, working with local schools/universities, but mostly working and advising students who want to study abroad.

my bro works in china teaching kids english
at least £50,000
£80,000 would be good
£100,000 would be grand
Original post by jamesthehustler
at least £50,000
£80,000 would be good
£100,000 would be grand

No, 1000 would be grand.
Original post by Dom2375
No, 1000 would be grand.

alas this is true i'll rephrase £100,000 would be great
Reply 69
Original post by salty670
my bro works in china teaching kids english

cool :smile: thats what I started off doing. But over here, there is no route of progression in a Chinese business. If you are a foreigner, teaching is all you can do. For me the only answer to his was to start my own school, so that I could move up the ladder and earn more.

May be something for your brother to consider if he wants to stay there for a long time :smile:
Original post by jbman690
hopefully by then i'd have properly learnt how to trade, so i'd be making about 20k a month (if i started now)

How have you come to this figure of 20k a month?
Do you know what retail 'trading' is?
Did you know 99% of retail traders lose money in the long run?
Did you then know the majority of the 1% that are profitable are ex-professionals and have years in the industry?
Do you have a backup plan? (or any form of plan?)
I'm 25 next year and I hope to be earning about 28k after finishing a Masters degree :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by That Arab Guy

What job??
I want to go into virology so around 18-25K probably.
Just thought I'd add, my friend just graduated with a chemical engineering degree - 53K is his starting salary!
5 years post-graduation so 50k-80k working in finance in London. 40k-60k if in different sector.
(edited 7 years ago)
Life never goes to plan. At 25 I was still a student, now 27 and on £22k - I don't know many people who earnt anything over £25k at 25 - maybe in London.
I actually want to be on 50k :frown:
Original post by That Arab Guy

Yes, get that arab moneh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending