The Student Room Group

Dont know what to do (LDR)

I've been in a long distance relationship for 3 months.
At the beginning it was great, we used to talk a lot before we dated and then turns out we both liked each other so we decided to give long distance a shot.
But lately things aren't the same as they were. He has a form of depression (i do too) and sometimes he doesn't talk with me as much as i want to talk to him, This can go on for days. It almost feels as though he doesn't care.
I brought this up to him two weeks ago and he said he knows its his fault, he acknowledged that he put this space between us (and he doesn't like what he did either) and he said hell try make things work more (by communicating more).
but said it was difficult because of the depression and the stress.
This was 2 weeks ago, things have barely changed. I don't really feel like bringing it up, because it might be too soon? What if nothing still changes? What if I'm just being too clingy/annoying? Am i being inconsiderate?
We haven't met in real life, so our relationship is confined to calling. I really do enjoy the time we do make out for each other, but they're so spaced out and far between (last time we talked was 5 days ago). and I'm not okay with it. What do i do?
I would give him 2 weeks, so thats 4 weeks all. Have a chat and suggest its now working as an ldr and maybe return to being friends or alternatively end it and find someone closer to home?
I don't think you are asking for too much especially since you have zero physical contact with him.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
I would give him 2 weeks, so thats 4 weeks all. Have a chat and suggest its now working as an ldr and maybe return to being friends or alternatively end it and find someone closer to home?

2 weeks is a really long time, and seems like a really passive approach, i really want things to work.

Original post by xobeauty
I don't think you are asking for too much especially since you have zero physical contact with him.

Yea we live like 5 hours away from each other.
Original post by Anonymous
I've been in a long distance relationship for 3 months.
At the beginning it was great, we used to talk a lot before we dated and then turns out we both liked each other so we decided to give long distance a shot.
But lately things aren't the same as they were. He has a form of depression (i do too) and sometimes he doesn't talk with me as much as i want to talk to him, This can go on for days. It almost feels as though he doesn't care.
I brought this up to him two weeks ago and he said he knows its his fault, he acknowledged that he put this space between us (and he doesn't like what he did either) and he said hell try make things work more (by communicating more).
but said it was difficult because of the depression and the stress.
This was 2 weeks ago, things have barely changed. I don't really feel like bringing it up, because it might be too soon? What if nothing still changes? What if I'm just being too clingy/annoying? Am i being inconsiderate?
We haven't met in real life, so our relationship is confined to calling. I really do enjoy the time we do make out for each other, but they're so spaced out and far between (last time we talked was 5 days ago). and I'm not okay with it. What do i do?

I don't recommend LDR in general. I had a LDR friendship for nearly a year, knew them for about 2 years and then I ended it about 3 months. Talk it out, communication is key in a LDR.
2 weeks is a really long time, and seems like a really passive approach, i really want things to work.

Yea we live like 5 hours away from each other.

Ok talk to him about it right now and forget your idea of not wanting to pressure him.. He has to decie whether he wnats to deal with his depression or not and you have to decide whether you think its your responsibility to care for him or not.
Reply 6
Original post by Mrs.Grey
I don't recommend LDR in general. I had a LDR friendship for nearly a year, knew them for about 2 years and then I ended it about 3 months. Talk it out, communication is key in a LDR.

What if he doesnt feel like talking :l
What if he doesnt feel like talking :l

Then leave him hun! You have better things to do alright? Don't ever doubt yourself or think that he's above you.
I'm afraid to say that long distance relationships don't really work if there is no hope of you being closer together at some point in the near future. Otherwise, they are just a waste of effort.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending