The Student Room Group

How hard was this years Edexcel maths compared to last and others?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prussia
Why was 2009 174?!?!?!

I think it was an easy paper. I believe that 2009 was the year they introduced the new spec but I may be wrong, if it was the old spec then that might be why it was so high
Reply 21
Original post by IfYouCanDreamIt
I think it was an easy paper. I believe that 2009 was the year they introduced the new spec but I may be wrong, if it was the old spec then that might be why it was so high

Oh ok. I think I dropped around 30 marks. Is that enough for an A*?
Original post by Prussia
Oh ok. I think I dropped around 30 marks. Is that enough for an A*?

30 between the two papers? That should be an A*, I personally don't see the grade boundary being higher than 164/165
Reply 23
30 between the two papers? That should be an A*, I personally don't see the grade boundary being higher than 164/165

I lost about 32 marks or so, but thanks. How did yours go?
Original post by Prussia
Why was 2009 174?!?!?!

old spec?

must've been easier...
Original post by Prussia
I lost about 32 marks or so, but thanks. How did yours go?

Well done! Mine went really bad, I was aiming for an A*, but I think I'll be lucky to scrape an A! On the first paper I didn't check my answers throroughly enough and made lots of stupid mistakes, so on the second paper I took my time so I didn't make any mistakes and ended up running out of time, so I missed some marks from easy questions:angry: but oh well it's done now, nothing I can do about it now
Reply 26
Well done! Mine went really bad, I was aiming for an A*, but I think I'll be lucky to scrape an A! On the first paper I didn't check my answers throroughly enough and made lots of stupid mistakes, so on the second paper I took my time so I didn't make any mistakes and ended up running out of time, so I missed some marks from easy questions:angry: but oh well it's done now, nothing I can do about it now

Well that's still an A which is in the top 30% or so in the country. Good luck with all your other GCSEs!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending