The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE exams 2016 *official only CCEA thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chemistrynerd13
What was so bad about may 16 bio? I know the b1 in feb was probs easiest bio test i have sat

It was Just way too long. There was too much information given on the paper so if you read the stuff given, then you ran out of time. This meant I had to leave out the final 4 marks on the paper. Also the six mark was quite strange- it was about a man producing hydrochloric acid in the stomach. Isn't your paper the one that got a six mark on quadrats? What grade did you get in it?

Yes that was it, I got full marks on it lol
Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know if you can repeat a module next year? I in 5th year now so will I be able to repeat a GCSE module next year without repeating the entire year? bc i seriously messed up Biology and I need an AA to do Chemistry A Level?
Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so good!Well done. You see I'm so annoyed with it because I got 70/70in physics unit 1. Then I got 69/70 in unit 1 chemistry but then I messed up biology completely-lol.what other GCSEs do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

That's so good!Well done. You see I'm so annoyed with it because I got 70/70in physics unit 1. Then I got 69/70 in unit 1 chemistry but then I messed up biology completely-lol.what other GCSEs do you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We had some very weird questions on it though like drawing cells from phototropism and something about caged chickens better than free ranged lmao! Business studies, ict, spanish, geography
I do all of those except Spanish. Are you just doing modules in year 11 or are
You in year 12. If so, how do you think modules are going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do all of those except Spanish. Are you just doing modules in year 11 or are
You in year 12. If so, how do you think modules are going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Year 12
Original post by tearsforyears
for the question asking what molecule does a bacterium use to produce protein did anyone write amino acid?? im not sure if i got it right.

I wrote that but I'm not sure if its right
Original post by jcumiskey99
I wrote that but I'm not sure if its right

I think i said plasmid
Reply 728
Original post by tearsforyears
for the question asking what molecule does a bacterium use to produce protein did anyone write amino acid?? im not sure if i got it right.

I did, it was a complete guess because I saw protein and amino acid was the only thing that I could think of. I'm not sure if that's right but I've heard of a couple of people who wrote amino acid
For double award chemistry, how much are we expected to know in concentrations?
any predictions for unit 2 chemistry??
Original post by gabrielealek
any predictions for unit 2 chemistry??

Blast furnace(balance equations) will make a re appareance, organic 6 mark, usual quantitative stuff but with concentrations and dilutions, energetics 6 mark, ion exchange for hard water, rates, haber process
Original post by Okdmd46
Blast furnace(balance equations) will make a re appareance, organic 6 mark, usual quantitative stuff but with concentrations and dilutions, energetics 6 mark, ion exchange for hard water, rates, haber process

6 markers on energetics and organic? like what type for 6 marks?
Had a crap substitute teacher this year who painted her nails this year for unit 2 chemistry... having to teach myself most of the course, so nervous!!
[QUOTE=Tsunaomi;65684483]Had a crap substitute teacher this year who painted her nails this year for unit 2 chemistry... having to teach myself most of the course, so nervous!!
i love chemistry and had a great teacher so if you need any help i'd be happy to help! 🙂
6 markers on energetics and organic? like what type for 6 marks?

For organic chemistry, they can ask about fractional distillation of crude oil for 6 marks.

Also, one year they asked for a 6 marker on fermentation of sugars. It's literally 2 lines on the last page of my booklet yet somehow it was worth 6 marks. Perhaps a question on acid rain and greenhouse gasses as well.

Energetics - talking about energy when bonds break and exothermic/endothermic states.
[QUOTE=jackcoys;65685997]For organic chemistry, they can ask about fractional distillation of crude oil for 6 marks.

Also, one year they asked for a 6 marker on fermentation of sugars. It's literally 2 lines on the last page of my booklet yet somehow it was worth 6 marks. Perhaps a question on acid rain and greenhouse gasses as well.

Energetics - talking about energy when bonds break and exothermic/endothermic states.
ah i hope this comes up, i like those topics! fermentation of sugar would probably just be the equation, the conditions required and perhaps state symbols?
in referall to my earlier post, does anyone know if I can repeat a module next year despite being doing As levels?
ah i hope this comes up, i like those topics! fermentation of sugar would probably just be the equation, the conditions required and perhaps state symbols?

The mark scheme was just sugar is added to yeast and mixed in warm conditions without oxygen present (anaerobic conditions) which produces ethanol and carbon dioxide. 6/6
I think you can although if you already received a final grade then they might not. You should ask the exams officer at your school

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest