The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths 2016 grade boundary predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Waveyalex
Same to you mate and thx for giving me a bit of reassurance and hope that I acc needed at such a big time in my life lool but why does results day have to be sooooooo far away for

I know, it's so long time it's crazy.
I got to go, good night.
Original post by lukey0071
I know, it's so long time it's crazy.
I got to go, good night.

later man
i got around 56 on the first paper and around 74-75 on the second paper what grade would that be guys.
What if you make silly mistakes such as the depreciation on maths calculator paper and you get the answer wrong? For example instead of doing 11,500x0.82^2 I found the percentage of the second year and used it again for the third year too. Would I still get some marks??
Original post by Jelly432
i got around 56 on the first paper and around 74-75 on the second paper what grade would that be guys.

That should be an A
Original post by Waveyalex
That should be an A

thankxx
I am so disappointed with my second paper and especially on the questions where I knew I could do it but because of silly mistakes I didn't!
Original post by densab11
What if you make silly mistakes such as the depreciation on maths calculator paper and you get the answer wrong? For example instead of doing 11,500x0.82^2 I found the percentage of the second year and used it again for the third year too. Would I still get some marks??

yh I'm sure you will get some marks if you showed your working out and your calculations.
Plus when will the grade boundaries be announced?

I think you will get 1 or 2 marks
Plus when will the grade boundaries be announced?

In August
yh I'm sure you will get some marks if you showed your working out and your calculations.

I did show my working out but that wasn't the right way to do it. I hope I will receive one mark at least!!
[QUOTE="lukey0071;65688007"]In August[/QUOTE
That's long...
Original post by lukey0071
I think you will get 1 or 2 marks

I hope so!!! Btw are the examiners strict with marks?
Does anyone think the grade boundaries will be 128 for an A? What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?
Will the grade boundaries be announced before we receive our results?
Will the grade boundaries be announced before we receive our results?

Yh a day before results day lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am so disappointed with my second paper and especially on the questions where I knew I could do it but because of silly mistakes I didn't!

ugh tell me about it, I got 3 questions wrong. The last one I misread the entire question and only worked out the first Angle, the question where you had to find the perimeter of the shaded area; didn't do that. I decided to workout the area instead like a ****ing tool. On top of that I also put the wrong answer for the trial and error question (I put 3.7)

I'll still get around 92 but I seriously could have done so much better If I wasn't so arrogant, rushing through the paper and then not checking my answers.
I hope so!!! Btw are the examiners strict with marks?

It's depends really, but most are strict unless if you are really lucky
Does anyone think the grade boundaries will be 128 for an A? What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be?

To be honest with myself I sadly found the paper a bit easy but because of silly mistakes and others I lost precious marks! Although I think the first paper wasn't that easy compared to the first. I think to get an A they should allow 128 because it happens sometimes that we make simple mistakes.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply