The Student Room Group

I found AS more difficult than A2

It seems like I'm the only one finding A2 content and exam format much easier than AS...possibly due to now being acclimatised to the type of questions asked and everything. And I have retaken some of my AS units along with my A2 exams so I wouldn't say it's biased, I still find AS content somehow more challenging lol...at least in Chemistry and Biology (OCR)
Reply 1
Original post by milutin767
It seems like I'm the only one finding A2 content and exam format much easier than AS...possibly due to now being acclimatised to the type of questions asked and everything. And I have retaken some of my AS units along with my A2 exams so I wouldn't say it's biased, I still find AS content somehow more challenging lol...at least in Chemistry and Biology (OCR)

Lucky you!!!

Spoiler

Reply 2
Well you're lucky. It's the opposite for me: A2 just has way too much content and I lost my motivation to revise. I'll still get a B overall for Biology as long as I get a D in my exams though, since I did really well at AS.
Reply 3
Might be because I'm an international student and I came to England last year so that might be a reason why I found AS so difficult...mostly due to exam technique I believe. But in Biology, I find the biochemistry such as respiration and photosynthesis and things like that much more interesting and logical than boring biodiversity things in AS...as for Chemistry, I quite enjoy organics so maybe that's why. In Psychology (AQA though) I've found A2 was just about rote learning the essays as there's only limited number of questions they can ask as opposed to AS where there were like 2,4,6,8,12 mark questions with different command words linking different parts of the specification...
Who knows, it might all be deceptively so, we'll see when I get the results, maybe my AS grades will be better than A2 after all lol
Reply 4
Original post by milutin767
Might be because I'm an international student and I came to England last year so that might be a reason why I found AS so difficult...mostly due to exam technique I believe. But in Biology, I find the biochemistry such as respiration and photosynthesis and things like that much more interesting and logical than boring biodiversity things in AS...as for Chemistry, I quite enjoy organics so maybe that's why. In Psychology (AQA though) I've found A2 was just about rote learning the essays as there's only limited number of questions they can ask as opposed to AS where there were like 2,4,6,8,12 mark questions with different command words linking different parts of the specification...
Who knows, it might all be deceptively so, we'll see when I get the results, maybe my AS grades will be better than A2 after all lol
I didn't find A2 easier than AS but I did much much better at A2 than AS, because i realized I actually had to put in some revision rather than freestyle, which I got away with in the past
Reply 5
Yeah tbh I think it's a lot about putting more work into A2 without even noticing it and similarly finding the grades going up but overall I can't say there is a gap between AS/A2 content-wise
Reply 6
I really didn't want this to sound typical for tsr like 'oh A2 is so easy i am expecting (even) higher results than in AS' :') I even had to resit all of my AS modules so this is not really that type of post haha

Quick Reply

Latest