The Student Room Group

Is this mean?? I didn't intend it...

My bf has a friend (female), who i dont necessarily like too much, but i dont really know her. Anyway, she messaged my bf asking why she hadn't seen him recently and my bf gave me his phone to reply. I sent a really funny reply explaining he had explosive bowels and couldn't go out for weeks, basically i was just trying to be funny.

She then responded by laughing and saying she hopes i sent the message because if so, she likes me even more. I then told my bf i felt bad about not liking her when i dont really know her, so sent her a nice message with smiles and kisses saying i liked her too and i hope things were alright between her bf and her (as they were having relationship troubles). She then responded with a really sarcastic message saying they broke up and she was moving onto other guys. Basically, she thinks was rubbing my relationship and the fact that she had issues in hers, in her face. My bf thinks i was doing the same, but i had no bad intentions whatsoever.

Was i being mean??
Original post by Alina-11
My bf has a friend (female), who i dont necessarily like too much, but i dont really know her. Anyway, she messaged my bf asking why she hadn't seen him recently and my bf gave me his phone to reply. I sent a really funny reply explaining he had explosive bowels and couldn't go out for weeks, basically i was just trying to be funny.

She then responded by laughing and saying she hopes i sent the message because if so, she likes me even more. I then told my bf i felt bad about not liking her when i dont really know her, so sent her a nice message with smiles and kisses saying i liked her too and i hope things were alright between her bf and her (as they were having relationship troubles). She then responded with a really sarcastic message saying they broke up and she was moving onto other guys. Basically, she thinks was rubbing my relationship and the fact that she had issues in hers, in her face. My bf thinks i was doing the same, but i had no bad intentions whatsoever.

Was i being mean??

No, you weren't. If everything is exactly as you've portrayed it, then she has taken it horribly wrong, most likely because of the break up and how much it's taken a toll on her. I dsiagree with both of them.
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFM
No, you weren't. If everything is exactly as you've portrayed it, then she has taken it horribly wrong, most likely because of the break up and how much it's taken a toll on her. I dsiagree with both of them.

I agree. Her own struggles might have cause her to misunderstand what you said. You were just being nice and showing concern. It makes no sense why your bf is perceiving it the same way as her. Even if your aim was to be rude, the subtlety is so strong, I don't see how your message could be seen as mean.
Reply 3
Your boyfriend could be seeing it that way because you actively disliked her for no reason and even admitted that to him prior to sending the message.
Jealousy of your boyfriend's friendships will never get you far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending