The Student Room Group

What does this type of eye contact mean?

There is this guy in my class who I always have really intense eye contact with. It's the type of eye contact that makes my heart race, gives me crazy butterflies and it feels like we are the only two people there and time moves really slowly. Why does this happen with him and will he experience this feeling too? My friend suggested that it was chemistry. Is that what chemistry feels like?
You are falling in love ... 💖🌹
Original post by Anonymous
There is this guy in my class who I always have really intense eye contact with. It's the type of eye contact that makes my heart race, gives me crazy butterflies and it feels like we are the only two people there and time moves really slowly. Why does this happen with him and will he experience this feeling too? My friend suggested that it was chemistry. Is that what chemistry feels like?

Not chemistry as such - some kind of attraction, yes, but when i think of chemistry I think more of how well you get on together, speaking to eachother.. basically anything that involves you actually interacting with him.. other than eye contact.. actually, I dunno, that kind of falls into my definition :dontknow: yes, there might be something there, so I dunno, talk to him or something.
Reply 3
You are falling in love ... 💖🌹

It's made me have a huge crush on him, whereas before I didn't really notice him
Reply 4
Anyone else?
I'm feeling the exact same thing, although we sit in awkward seating positions from each-other, so it is a bit hard to stare at her as much as I'd want without the teacher/ other people in the class noticing :dong:
My friend suggested that it was chemistry.

Sounds to me more like something that would happen in English.
I'd say it's a crush.
or maybe youre just a weirdo that stares at him. and he thinks that by staring back at you, you'll stop. this isn't the fault in our stars.
Reply 9
Original post by Mrs.Grey
I'd say it's a crush.

Yeah I agree it's a crush, but I just wondered why the eye contact is so intense and why it could have such an effect on me when I've never had this with other crushes?
Original post by FixUpMayte
or maybe youre just a weirdo that stares at him. and he thinks that by staring back at you, you'll stop. this isn't the fault in our stars.

I can sure you he started this. I had barely noticed him before
Yeah I agree it's a crush, but I just wondered why the eye contact is so intense and why it could have such an effect on me when I've never had this with other crushes?

Maybe he's hotter than all your other crushes?
Original post by Mrs.Grey
Maybe he's hotter than all your other crushes?

Yeah I suppose he probably is. I guess that could be it
Yeah I suppose he probably is. I guess that could be it

:smile:
I've accidentally looked at this lass in my philosophy class like 7 times in a week once when I didn't fancy her. Chemistry seems to imply that you're both feeling something but I'd say only your feelings wouldn't necessarily entail that.

So all you can be certain of is you fancy him, don't read too much into it.
Reply 15
It means you're good at maths
Original post by UWS
It means you're good at maths

:rofl:
I've not seen one of these threads in a while
Smile at him so he knows you don't mind that way he can break the ice.

Quick Reply

Latest