The Student Room Group

It's already kicking off in Marseille...

Scroll to see replies

Typical football fans.
Reply 41
Original post by 713Wave
What I'm struggling to understand is why the English fans were chanting in the first place "ISIS where are you? We've got pork on the barbecue."
Is that seriously a clever thing to say just months after over a hundred were killed?
And before anyone says it, yes Marseille has large a Muslim population however that doesn't = ISIS.

Just a bit of banter/bravado
Got to have a laugh at dark prospects like ISIS attacking the Euros.
Original post by RivalPlayer
Well it's no secret is it? Kavos, Magaluf are good examples of English people giving the locals a taste of their alcohol fuelled ********.

Now I know TSR has issues with valid whataboutery...

*gulp*

Germans in Ibiza?
Russians in Greece and Cyprus?
What are you on about?

I'm not sure what you were on about to be honest.
Sounds like you're drunk.

Sounds like you have a penchant for an ad hominem.
Original post by EuanF
Got to have a laugh at dark prospects like ISIS attacking the Euros.

how is laughing at the possibility of being attacked even funny?
Secondly they assumed, that because Marseille has a high Muslim population, ISIS is definitely somewhere close by, lets be honest that's borderline offensive/discriminative.
Reply 46
Original post by 713Wave
Secondly they assumed, that because Marseille has a high Muslim population, ISIS is definitely somewhere close by, lets be honest that's borderline offensive/discriminative.

It isn't funny, that's why you joke about it.
Humour is a societal coping mechanism for dealing with these sorts of things. If we didn't laugh about it we'd all just recede into cowardice and depression.
That second point is just an assumption you're making.
hate how the press kept vilifying the English lads. only now that the Russian fans charged post game have they changed their tune.
Reports say an English fan has been killed after being pushed in front of a train.

The Russians?
Original post by The Roast
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36496745

Bunch of french yobs and English goons got into a fight last night.

2 England fans were arrested :rolleyes:

Marseille isn't the best of towns though and this sort of fracas was to be expected.

Football fans are by and large morons, with the exception of an educated and intelligent minority, throw in beer, nationalism and tense spirits and you have the perfect recipe for storms :rolleyes:
Original post by 713Wave

You don't seem to realise how jokes work.
Reply 51
Original post by The_Opinion
As anyone can be involved in violence.

Remember, the violence in this story was instigated by "locals", I'm not quite sure who "locals" is referring to at the moment, although I have suspicions.

Marseille is a town dominated by thugs.

Original post by 713Wave
Your Evidence please?

Just go to Marseille.
Reply 52
You mean (today in Marseille):

****ing Russian animals apparently an English lad been killed after being pushed in front of a train on metro. proper backwards country that place Russia and now metro closed aswell. cant stand these self righteous guardian readers aswell stating its the English. you self hating ***** why don't you **** off to Russia aswell.
Reply 54
I still cannot understand why they scheduled such a dangerous match (England-Russia) in Marseille... :confused:
confirmed that its a local French woman pushed in front of a train.
Original post by Josb
You mean (today in Marseille):

Well, I wasn't referring to the recent flooding occurring in France and Germany, was I?
Reply 57
I just thought the pic perfectly illustrated what you said.
Original post by Josb
I just thought the pic perfectly illustrated what you said.

There was a picture? It didn't load for me :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending