The Student Room Group

Does height matter in guys?

Does it matter how tall a guy is when it comes to a relationship? Are girls generally more attracted to guys who are a similar height to them or taller? I've never seen a short guy go out with a tall girl before. I'm asking this because I am short af and every girl I like is taller than me but they don't like me back lol

I find that the shorter girls are more interested in me, but does that mean i'd never get with a taller girl? I like taller girls tbh

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Does it matter how tall a guy is when it comes to a relationship? Are girls generally more attracted to guys who are a similar height to them or taller? I've never seen a short guy go out with a tall girl before. I'm asking this because I am short af and every girl I like is taller than me but they don't like me back lol

I find that the shorter girls are more interested in me, but does that mean i'd never get with a taller girl? I like taller girls tbh

When I was 5ft 7 I was going out with a girl who was 5ft 8 and a bit..actually probably a whole head taller than me xD. I don't think I've ever had a crush who's not been taller than me. And I've never had a crush that I haven't dated... (not boasting) just implying that its completely possible. It does matter how tall a guy is. Its a negative if they're shorter.... but it can be made up for with personality/looks/HUMOUR. :wink: Good luck mate
Reply 2
Original post by Someboady
When I was 5ft 7 I was going out with a girl who was 5ft 8 and a bit. I don't think I've ever had a crush who's not been taller than me. And I've never had a crush that I haven't dated... (not boasting) just implying that its completely possible. It does matter how tall a guy is. Its a negative if they're shorter.... but it can be made up for with personality/looks/HUMOUR. :wink: Good luck mate

1 inch height difference. I am 5 ft 2 so yeah as I said, short af. the girls I like are at least 3-4 inches taller than me, so a big height difference! but it's just my preference to like tall girls, it just sucks that I'm a midget
Reply 3

Taller! men have unrealistic expectations on the image of women all the time and with women, a man being like 6ft minimum is that unreal standard! honestly speaking if I was a guy I would like for him to be a bit taller I would feel awkward to start at him being the same level as me.... and omg aren't tall girls so amazing! I love them too!!
Reply 4
Generally, girls are more attracted to taller guys.

However, it is not the be-all and end-all in attracting girls. I have seen guys with girlfriends who are taller than them.

You can make up for your lack of height with looks/humour/personality/confidence/money. (I have none of these things lmao)

Don't worry or stress about what you can't control, and focus on what you can.
1 inch height difference. I am 5 ft 2 so yeah as I said, short af. the girls I like are at least 3-4 inches taller than me, so a big height difference! but it's just my preference to like tall girls, it just sucks that I'm a midget

Well like I say a lack in height can be made up for with a good personality and some decent looks. and humour. :smile: How old are you ?
Reply 6
Well like I say a lack in height can be made up for with a good personality and some decent looks. and humour. :smile: How old are you ?

I don't have good looks lmao, looks like i'm screwed for life then
Reply 7

Yes, probably. Sorry.

you forgot to mention something

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by eden3
Generally, girls are more attracted to taller guys.

However, it is not the be-all and end-all in attracting girls. I have seen guys with girlfriends who are taller than them.

You can make up for your lack of height with looks/humour/personality/confidence/money. (I have none of these things lmao)

Don't worry or stress about what you can't control, and focus on what you can.

Out of interest what can a woman do if she's not facially pretty/not got much going in the looks department. Like what aspects can she work on to make up for it?
Reply 10
Original post by indigofox
Out of interest what can a woman do if she's not facially pretty/not got much going in the looks department. Like what aspects can she work on to make up for it?

The same principles apply :smile:

Just being open, friendly, confident. Someone's who fun to talk to. When a girl initiates a conversation, more often than not, the guy will take advantage of it - give a man an inch, he'll take a mile. Girls who may not be considered conventionally attractive still receive a decent amount of attention from guys from what I know.

The 'confidence' factor for girls isn't even a necessity tbh - there are guys who are into 'shy' girls... but I have rarely (if ever) heard of a girl willing to date a guy with low self-esteem.

So if you're an ugly guy who lacks confidence *cough*, you're pretty much screwed :frown: :lol:

Make shitloads of money then
If you are below 5'11 you are a MANLET and better be VERY good looking to make up for it.
Please refer to this chart.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BirdIsWord
If you are below 5'11 you are a MANLET and better be VERY good looking to make up for it.

wtf its not letting me post it. Lemme try again.

attachment pending approval..
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by BirdIsWord

Can't tell if you're being serious but if you are, congratulations on writing the stupidest thing I have seen thus far on this site.
Original post by eden3
Can't tell if you're being serious but if you are, congratulations on writing the stupidest thing I have seen thus far on this site.

Lol truth hurts bro
Of course it does. I'm 5'4. It does. Trust me daddy!

If you're ugly and 5'2, I'm sorry, but dating is going to be very difficult for you. I suggest working on some style of comedy and getting rich. That's your best hopes of getting a remotely attractive date, nevermind partner.

Oh and OFC learn how to dress well, speak well and workout. There's no excuse to not look broad/muscular as a male that short. It is so stupidly easy since 1stone of muscle at 5'2 will make you look twice as wide lul and girls love it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by indigofox

body
if you don't have one naturally then err... oops

HOWEVER
you can squat and put in effort and build a really nice butt, alot of guys love ass!
Reply 18
I prefer taller guys tbh. 6 ft - 6'2 is perfect

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
OP dw though I know some tall girls who'd date shorter guys and they ain't bad looking either. Just gotta have the personality. Maybe get rich as well but that's just a bonus. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending