The Student Room Group

People that say they havent revised but get those A and A*?!1

like what the heck is wrong with these people why they trying to make themselves greater. its not shameful to study.

Scroll to see replies

personally i didn't revise and got 16 A*s and an A at an AS in arabic which I completed early.
this is just because i am naturally intelligent and there is no shame in that.
Sometimes you get pushed for time and don't realise how much you need to study. Or sometimes you revise so much for a certain subject you neglect others. You know sometimes people don't lie and they don't end up studying as much as they want to. And most of the times they do regret it. It's often the case for GCSE. Hah and some may also fall into the same trap in AS... But this same method never works well... Gonna smack me in the face come results day :colonhash:
Reply 3
I agree it's not shameful to study, I think ppl say they don't study much even when they have because they would few embarrassed if they got a bad grade after revising so much. They may also think in their heads that it's not cool to study so much and therefore try and fit in. That's just a guess on my part tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KarunN
I agree it's not shameful to study, I think ppl say they don't study much even when they have because they would few embarrassed if they got a bad grade after revising so much. They may also think in their heads that it's not cool to study so much and therefore try and fit in. That's just a guess on my part tho

Posted from TSR Mobile

stop generalising an entire group! you're nothing but scum!
Original post by TGS_Lila
like what the heck is wrong with these people why they trying to make themselves greater. its not shameful to study.

Why do you care about these people? What does that say about you?
Original post by CurleysWife
personally i didn't revise and got 16 A*s and an A at an AS in arabic which I completed early.
this is just because i am naturally intelligent and there is no shame in that.

Wow 1 A what an embarrassment
Reply 7
I always study for mocks/exams and if people asked if I've revised for a subject I'm not confident in or I've done less revision for then I'm likely to say 'not really'
Why? I hear you cry
Well I know that people have expectations of me to get top grades because I'm an intelligent person (not being up myself here) so really it's just by chance that I get that A or A*, depending how the questions are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao, true but one girl in my school literally can remember everything she does in class.

Yes there is no shame in needing to study but equally some people are naturally intelligent and have very good memories and therefore won't need to. Its definitely a case by case thing.
I want to be one of those people :cry:
At GCSE, you can get away with not revising and get As/A*s as long as you pay attention in class and remember everything you're taught. Some people can do that, or have paid attention and not remembered everything, but they are very good at guessing.
Original post by Business Boy
Wow 1 A what an embarrassment

the highest you can get at AS is an A..
@CurleysWife @Business Boy @lostintrnslation @Purpleunicorn197 @CorpusLuteum @Mlb37
@TGS_Lila I too was in a really negative position until I read about this guy and his achievements. I hope reading what he has done and watching him tell you how he did it will inspire and motivate you too? Yes, he took everything in one sitting.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Moeen_Nawazish

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/4398668/Teenager-gains-22-A-levels-in-12-months.html

[video="youtube;EbH_dWWIE1Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbH_dWWIE1Q[/video]
I got 37 A** at GCSE and I got 28 A*** at A-Level and I don't revise.
Original post by Samii123
I got 37 A** at GCSE and I got 28 A*** at A-Level and I don't revise.

how do u get A** at gcse!? I though the highest was A*...
Original post by rayestar
how do u get A** at gcse!? I though the highest was A*...

It's because I got over 100% so they had to invent a new grade for me.
Original post by Samii123
It's because I got over 100% so they had to invent a new grade for me.

how do you get over 100%??
There aren't secret questions or anything, is there?
Reply 18
I personally find chemistry quite hard. Let me give you an example from when I was doing AS last year. I was doing maths, chemistry, biology, RS and critical thinking. I struggled quite a bit with chemistry and maths so I put all my time and effort into those two so I didn't have much time left for the others. Biology was sheer content so I managed to do that but hat meant that I didn't have much time at all to revise for RS so I didn't really other than look over the couple of mind maps I made for the mock. Critical thinking I did no revision apart for outside the exam hall. I got AAABC in biology, chemistry, RS, CT and maths. It just shows the amount of revision isn't directly related to what you achieve. In RS and chemistry I got the same percentage in UMS but I did nowhere near the same revision for RS as chemistry but as long as you understand the content as you're going through the year you don't really need to revise
Reply 19
At GCSE I revised for some,but other topics I "just knew" and didnt need to revise at all. Some of us can literally just soak in all the info in class and keep it there until the exams where they regurgitate it all back out and get an A/A*. ...it doesnt work well for me at A2 level though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending