The Student Room Group

How to get over a bad exam?

I've just done my Personal Finance exam, and I feel terrible about it!
I know I have at least 2 questions wrong, and I know this doesn't sound like much, but if I got those 2 wrong, how many others will I get wrong???

It was a multiple choice exam, and EVERYTHING didn't go that bad, but I feel like I could have done so much better!

The only comfort right now is that the grade boundaries are low: 56/80 for an A, 64/80 for an A*...

I can't stop obsessing about all the marks that could have gone wrong!! Please help! =(
Forget it happened and start studying for the next one
There is nothing we can really say or do that will significantly help you get over the exam.

As others will likely say, what's done is done.

Chin up, onwards and upwards. Think about what's now in front of you, not behind :smile:
You have to let the sorrow flow through your veins.

Jk, remember in a few years that one exam won't matter at all :wink:
Remember in a few years no one will care, nor will you
Original post by DianaDom
I've just done my Personal Finance exam, and I feel terrible about it!
I know I have at least 2 questions wrong, and I know this doesn't sound like much, but if I got those 2 wrong, how many others will I get wrong???

It was a multiple choice exam, and EVERYTHING didn't go that bad, but I feel like I could have done so much better!

The only comfort right now is that the grade boundaries are low: 56/80 for an A, 64/80 for an A*...

I can't stop obsessing about all the marks that could have gone wrong!! Please help! =(

Worrying gets you 0 extra marks. Pointless and wasteful.

Doing your other exams gets you more marks..

Focus and keep things in proportion. Worry about things after.
Think fO.Od!!

YAY!!

:cookie::cookie::cookie:
Reply 7
in all legitimate seriousness, eat ice-cream, it helps
Original post by nj1234
in all legitimate seriousness, eat ice-cream, it helps

I can confirm that this will resolve your worries, OP.
Original post by The Joker ~
Think fO.Od!!

YAY!!

:cookie::cookie::cookie:

food is BAE :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by HurtfulHarold
I can confirm that this will resolve your worries, OP.

xD
Well, food does CALM your nerves. But alas, don't dwell too long if you think you didn't do as well in your exam, that'll have an effect on your later exams and that ounce of negative feeling could distract you or put you off course.

Quick Reply

Latest