The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Met a really cool girl from Medway School of Pharmacy but don't know her name!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by there'snoneed
What does she look like?

Err, about 5ft2 i would guess, dark hair, don't know how else to describe her hahaha she was really bubbly and friendly though if thats any help ?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by thegodofgod
I'd laugh if she were on TSR reading this right now! :biggrin:

But either way, good luck! How did your interview go regardless - are you hoping to go into community? :smile:

I think it went ok to be honest, it was very chilled but to be honest I wanna go into hospital...had to be careful about what I said there to avoid them from thinking that
Original post by ConnorH2612
I think it went ok to be honest, it was very chilled but to be honest I wanna go into hospital...had to be careful about what I said there to avoid them from thinking that

Haha, fair enough - a couple of my good friends have received excellent pre-reg locations with Boots, but they're going to reject them because they want to go into hospital / industry.

So have you applied for summer placements for hospital? :smile:
Reply 23
Haha, fair enough - a couple of my good friends have received excellent pre-reg locations with Boots, but they're going to reject them because they want to go into hospital / industry.

So have you applied for summer placements for hospital? :smile:

I applied to about 5 but i got rejected from them all :/
I applied to about 5 but i got rejected from them all :/

Oh, never mind - make sure to reflect well on any university-based hospital placements in your Pharmalife application and I'm sure you'll be fine. They are damn competitive, and there are a lot more actual pre-reg places than summer placement places, so don't worry about not getting one! :smile:
Reply 25
Oh, never mind - make sure to reflect well on any university-based hospital placements in your Pharmalife application and I'm sure you'll be fine. They are damn competitive, and there are a lot more actual pre-reg places than summer placement places, so don't worry about not getting one! :smile:

I've worked in community as a counter assistant/dispenser for like 4 years so fingers crossed that helps me but yeah i just need to kill my pharmalife application now
I've worked in community as a counter assistant/dispenser for like 4 years so fingers crossed that helps me but yeah i just need to kill my pharmalife application now

Ah, you're sorted then :biggrin:

Which pharmacy school are you at then, and how are you finding the course?
Reply 27
Ah, you're sorted then :biggrin:

Which pharmacy school are you at then, and how are you finding the course?

I go to Aston and I'm not gonna lie it is difficult especially the medicinal chemistry side of things but I am enjoying it, do you study Pharmacy ?
I go to Aston and I'm not gonna lie it is difficult especially the medicinal chemistry side of things but I am enjoying it, do you study Pharmacy ?

Ah cool, good pharmacy school :smile:

I'm a Brighton, just finished my 3rd year. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the pharmaceutical sciences side of things and more a fan of pharmacology / clinical therapeutics :smile:

So do you do your research project next year / have you decided what area / specific project you want to do?
Reply 29
Ah cool, good pharmacy school :smile:

I'm a Brighton, just finished my 3rd year. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the pharmaceutical sciences side of things and more a fan of pharmacology / clinical therapeutics :smile:

So do you do your research project next year / have you decided what area / specific project you want to do?

Yeah we've got a project to do next year but we don't decide until we go back for fourth year so im still unsure of what i will be doing. Which area of pharmacy are you looking to go into then ?
Err, about 5ft2 i would guess, dark hair, don't know how else to describe her hahaha she was really bubbly and friendly though if thats any help ?

Is this the girl? Watch the video first before you say so.

[video="youtube;4wh8M2SAMbs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wh8M2SAMbs[/video]
Reply 31
Original post by Audrey18
Is this the girl? Watch the video first before you say so.

[video="youtube;4wh8M2SAMbs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wh8M2SAMbs[/video]

I can tell without watching the video that its not her...plus her name doesn't start with 'R'...
Hi how was your interview? And what kind of things did they ask/make you do?
Yeah we've got a project to do next year but we don't decide until we go back for fourth year so im still unsure of what i will be doing. Which area of pharmacy are you looking to go into then ?

Ah fair enough, we're pretty much in the same situation - we have to submit our choices and then we get told which one we've got at the beginning of 4th year.

Hospital - much prefer it to community, especially more so now that the wages in community are going down. May potentially consider going into academia thereafter.
Reply 34
Ah fair enough, we're pretty much in the same situation - we have to submit our choices and then we get told which one we've got at the beginning of 4th year.

Hospital - much prefer it to community, especially more so now that the wages in community are going down. May potentially consider going into academia thereafter.

Yeah sounds like we're in a very similar situation but yeah I think community is to be avoided at the moment...good luck with your studies :smile:
Yeah sounds like we're in a very similar situation but yeah I think community is to be avoided at the moment...good luck with your studies :smile:

Thanks, good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 36
Original post by Polly6783
Hi how was your interview? And what kind of things did they ask/make you do?

It wasn't too bad thanks, it was so chilled. We had a verbal OSCE to do with a prescription item, a one to one interview which was based on working out our strengths (it didn't contain any of the typical interview questions i.e why lloyds, why community etc.) and then a group exercise where we had to decide which employee out of a list we were given deserves an award. Have you got the interview coming up ?
Reply 37
Are there any users who attend Medway ?
Are there any users who attend Medway ?

Didnt you find her on facebook?
Reply 39
Original post by chikane
Didnt you find her on facebook?

Nah no luck :frown: i don't think she's on there which doesn't help my cause

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending