The Student Room Group

What are the Grade boundaries for IGCSE english ?

Hey there!
So I have completed all my language, literature, Maths and Psycho exams and Now I am left with the science exams.

Im extremely worried that I would receive a B in my english exams because I really dont want to. I have all these mixed emotions about both the exams

Could you please tell me what the predicted grade boundaries will be for english language and english literature edexcel IGCSE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, I have finished all my exams as well. Well in Jan english lang went up to 49 from 45 last year, so that could fall. For lit, it went up from 45 for a C last year to 46 in Jan 2016, so again, ever so slightly changing.
If you want to receive a B I predict for English lang the boundaries will be around 60 and for lit it will be around 56. Hope this helps
Normally, the boundaries are fixed around a certain point in Edexcel IGCSE English.

Percentage wise:

A* - 80%
A - 70%
B - 60%
C - 50%
D - 40%

and so on...
Reply 3
Original post by Milena1810
Yeah, I have finished all my exams as well. Well in Jan english lang went up to 49 from 45 last year, so that could fall. For lit, it went up from 45 for a C last year to 46 in Jan 2016, so again, ever so slightly changing.
If you want to receive a B I predict for English lang the boundaries will be around 60 and for lit it will be around 56. Hope this helps

Thank you it !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by sulaimanali
Normally, the boundaries are fixed around a certain point in Edexcel IGCSE English.

Percentage wise:

A* - 80%
A - 70%
B - 60%
C - 50%
D - 40%

and so on...

Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by natie.law

Welcome!!

Quick Reply