The Student Room Group

A2 - Edexcel Psychology June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Julieplec
I don't think so, they can't ask you to 'describe loftus and Palmer' for example with regards to a laboratory experiment

Posted from TSR Mobile

but cant they ask us e.g. to describe the procedure of a laboratory study we have studied
predictions for issues and clinical? :frown:
If they ask to plan a practical how would you do it? Thank you.
[QUOTE=08graya;65655317]this is the first half of my issues and debates notes... I'm really really sorry that they are complete yet but somethings come up - I'll try upload the rest ASAP!
Heyy :smile: your notes are really good!! Do you have notes on clinical as well? :redface:
I'm trying to remember the name of the study where false memories were implanted into a woman about her father and it was later discovered they were false.

Can anyone enlighten me?

EDIT: I got it, Beth Rutherford
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by karlygash0712
Heyy :smile: your notes are really good!! Do you have notes on clinical as well? :redface:

Hey :smile: aha thanks! At the moment I don't have any typed up but am trying to get them done by the end of the day! :smile:
Does anyone have any predictions especially for issues and debates as im just finding it such a heavy topic. I feel like for clinical the practical may come up which is good as it is the easiest to talk about compared to all the others.

Thank you:smile:
Original post by Oliviaa1
Does anyone have any predictions especially for issues and debates as im just finding it such a heavy topic. I feel like for clinical the practical may come up which is good as it is the easiest to talk about compared to all the others.

Thank you:smile:

Dont worry, I&D is literally just contributions and the 4 debates
Original post by rileystringer1

Is there any useful resources for is psychology a science? as this is probably a weak area for me
Reply 469
Does anyone have any notes on comparing treatments/explanations for mental disorders? I wanted to make a table but I can't work out how to do it haha
Reply 470
Original post by Oliviaa1
Is there any useful resources for is psychology a science? as this is probably a weak area for me

Have you checked http://lca-a2psychology.weebly.com/debates.html ?
It's quite brief but gives all the the key terms you need!!!
Original post by rileystringer1

What are the 4 debates?
Original post by adevy18
What are the 4 debates?

Ethnocentricism, is psychology a science, nature vs nurture, social control
Original post by adevy18
What are the 4 debates?

Please dont.. the exam is Tuesday I'm genuinely worried for some of you

MAIS ÇA VA S'ARRANGER ESPÉRONS..
Original post by Themodeststudent
Ethnocentricism, is psychology a science, nature vs nurture, social control

thank you :smile:
Original post by adevy18
thank you :smile:

No problem😊
Original post by Rsprcy
Does anyone have any notes on comparing treatments/explanations for mental disorders? I wanted to make a table but I can't work out how to do it haha

Schiz:

Dopamine Hyp vsSBH Similarities Differences Both reductionist - ignore each other Biological (DH) vs. Social/Environmental (SBH) Lots of evidence for both theories is correlational - more so in SBH - C&E can't be established DH has much more scientific evidence supporting it - e.g. Davies et al Both theories take blame away from patient - put into hands of genes/env as responsible SBH = less deterministic - suggest something can be done about it - DH says nothing can be done Both argue you'd get increased vulnerability across fams; Ä DH = genes passed on Ä SBH = same social class as fam DT vs ACT Drug therapy vs.ACT Similarities Differences Both arguably individualised for each person DT = cheaper Professionals needed in both Ä DT = doctor to prescribe / pro to inject in some cases ACT = more personalised care Drugs = a part of both DT treats clinical symptoms, ACT doesn't Ethical arguments against both DT works in any env, ACT requires densely populated area DT = side-effects / ACT = none ACT = lifelong / DT = can come off it Less likely to relapse w/ ACT Biological (DT) vs. Social (ACT) treatments Different levels of DT - TYP & ATYP ACT takes more responsibilities off families
Original post by Rsprcy

Schiz & DEPRESSION
Original post by adevy18
What are the 4 debates?

I&D is so much more than just the 4 debates.....

4 debates - ethnocentrism, nature vs. nurture, social control, psych as a science

then you have...
research methods
animal studies - studies using studies
ethical guidelines
evaluating an unseen study
design an experiment
contributions (which there is so much to learn for)
can be asked on key issues from cognitive, social, biological, criminological, child, learning or psychodynamic
Can anyone explain how drug treatments work at treating phobias please :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending