The Student Room Group

Demotivated because I'm finishing GCSES later than my friends?

All my friends are finishing this week (friday) and I have an additional week which means I'm done way later. I'm just so frustrated and upset that they can start their summer plans earlier than me. Anyone in the same situation?

Sucks being clever :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sagelolz
All my friends are finishing this week (friday) and I have an additional week which means I'm done way later. I'm just so frustrated and upset that they can start their summer plans earlier than me. Anyone in the same situation?

It is only one week and you get a substantial summer break, deferred gratification is a virtue- embrace it

Sorrrry, but some of my friends doing product design have their last exam on the 27th of June... so at least you're not doing PD :smile:
Original post by Magnus Taylor
It is only one week and you get a substantial summer break, deferred gratification is a virtue- embrace it

But I can't!!!!! Im gonna flop further science :frown:
But I can't!!!!! Im gonna flop further science :frown:

Go and revise!! :P
Original post by vincentvangogh
Sorrrry, but some of my friends doing product design have their last exam on the 27th of June... so at least you're not doing PD :smile:

What on earth is product design?! I actually feel for them... I'd probably jump off a cliff if I finished so close to July lol
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Go and revise!! :P

I have 5 other exams before than. Starting with history which I need to ace so I'll only have the next weekend to revise the whole of unit 3 science :frown:
Get over it?
What on earth is product design?! I actually feel for them... I'd probably jump off a cliff if I finished so close to July lol

Haha, it's like a part of Design & Technology but more focused on designing products for customers and stuff. Yeh they're so unlucky!
I feel you.

I am starting A-Levels a year behind my friends because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do or subjects to take so I have had a year of figuring it out and doing everything so I have no qualifications for this year :frown: So I will be starting uni a year behind and finishing a year behind all my friends which is crap! I wish I'd figured out what I wanted to do with my life sooner.
Original post by Vikingninja
Get over it?

dunno if this was advice or being rude but that itself is difficult to do LOL!

There are some people in my year who finish on the 15th, and some who do Further Maths who finish on the 24th. Trust me though, I'd rather be clever and have a longer exam period than not being clever and finishing way earlier :tongue:
dunno if this was advice or being rude but that itself is difficult to do LOL!

It was both. So what you get one week less than your friends?
Original post by amingo26
I feel you.

I am starting A-Levels a year behind my friends because I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do or subjects to take so I have had a year of figuring it out and doing everything so I have no qualifications for this year :frown: So I will be starting uni a year behind and finishing a year behind all my friends which is crap! I wish I'd figured out what I wanted to do with my life sooner.

Awhhhhh its okay though!! So what did you do in that year when you were deciding what to do? like a gap year
Reply 14
TAKE MY ADVICE, watch some motivational stuff eg the satisfaction of opening your results and seeing A*/A's everywhere, or a few YouTube videos of them doing it tbh will motivate you
No one take offense to this
Watch a few of Hitler's speeches, he was very motivational even though what he did was wrong
same I finish a week later but not really demotivated because I know I'm getting an extra gcse for an additional week

it's 5 days you'll be fine
Original post by Lalarw
TAKE MY ADVICE, watch some motivational stuff eg the satisfaction of opening your results and seeing A*/A's everywhere, or a few YouTube videos of them doing it tbh will motivate you
No one take offense to this
Watch a few of Hitler's speeches, he was very motivational even though what he did was wrong

LMAOOOOOOOOOO listen I choked on my food when I read the last thing. And thanks for the advice, sounds like my type of procrastination :smile:
Awhhhhh its okay though!! So what did you do in that year when you were deciding what to do? like a gap year

No, you have to be in education until your 18th birthday so I went to college, hated it. Went to my sixth form, hated it. Now I am in a finance apprenticeship and it's the WORST so I am resigning in July!

Along the way though, I have figured out what I wanted to do which is civil engineering so I suppose I haven't completely wasted a year! It's just annoying that all my friends from school are going to open days and doing UCAS but I'm only just starting my level 3 study.
Bruv, I'm siked about finishing later than everyone. It's exciting to be doing something formal whilst everyone else is slacking about.
IMO you should feel cool af B)
Reply 19
LMAOOOOOOOOOO listen I choked on my food when I read the last thing. And thanks for the advice, sounds like my type of procrastination :smile:

When does your last few exams start for triple science. Friday 16th June 2016 and 20th June? Hhaha peak

Quick Reply

Latest