The Student Room Group

Demotivated because I'm finishing GCSES later than my friends?

Scroll to see replies

Wrong attitude. Think of it that you are lucky for having exams that are better spread out , which gives you more time to revise and et good results.

I think your moan is pretty petty. If its such a big deal skip the exams and start your holiday tomorrow. Mail all your friends youi are starting before them.
dude srsly i have an exam on 27th which means i have exams even later than u
think of it this way, you get more gcses than them and come the results day you can s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ feel better about yourself
Original post by amingo26
No, you have to be in education until your 18th birthday so I went to college, hated it. Went to my sixth form, hated it. Now I am in a finance apprenticeship and it's the WORST so I am resigning in July!

Along the way though, I have figured out what I wanted to do which is civil engineering so I suppose I haven't completely wasted a year! It's just annoying that all my friends from school are going to open days and doing UCAS but I'm only just starting my level 3 study.

Oh okay but were all your friends 100% certain on what they want to do or were you the only one in that situation? I don't know myself what I want to do lol. Looking at the bright side, at least you know what to do now :smile: congrats!!
Original post by sagelolz
Oh okay but were all your friends 100% certain on what they want to do or were you the only one in that situation? I don't know myself what I want to do lol. Looking at the bright side, at least you know what to do now :smile: congrats!!

Yay, finally!! Honestly, I still have no idea what floats my boat... I have just come to a decision on what I am going to do and I am going to stick to it!

I obviously keep in contact with everyone and they're all going through that stage now. They're thinking about unis to apply to but they have no idea what course. They thought they knew but when it's come down to actually making a decision, they can't.

I suppose I panic about things waaaay in advance which is why I started the whole 'I don't know what to do' last year! Just planning my mental breakdowns in advance! :bricks::biggrin:
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Bruv, I'm siked about finishing later than everyone. It's exciting to be doing something formal whilst everyone else is slacking about.
IMO you should feel cool af B)

why does that make u cool tho?!
why does that make u cool tho?!

Because you're doing something with your life.
Original post by Lalarw
When does your last few exams start for triple science. Friday 16th June 2016 and 20th June? Hhaha peak

20th
Original post by 999tigger
Wrong attitude. Think of it that you are lucky for having exams that are better spread out , which gives you more time to revise and et good results.

I think your moan is pretty petty. If its such a big deal skip the exams and start your holiday tomorrow. Mail all your friends youi are starting before them.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL that last bit was actually so funny and actually a good idea but dont u think my school will call my teacher :/ ?
Reply 28
20th

It's 3 more days, when you don't include saturday and Sunday, it's 1 DAY LOLLLLLL, chill out and smash the exam tbh
Original post by Lalarw
It's 3 more days, when you don't include saturday and Sunday, it's 1 DAY LOLLLLLL, chill out and smash the exam tbh

no my tripe STARTS on the 20th and finishes 24th lol thank you tho

Quick Reply

Latest