The Student Room Group

whats your parents occupation

Scroll to see replies

Dad is a property developer and owns several properties, a business started by my Grand-father. Mum is now a housewife having been made redundant during the recession.
Reply 21
Original post by Princepieman
Thanks for your thoughts :smile:

Aha, I guess. But our household income is pretty low atm, which I guess is a good thing as I'm off to uni :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

your welcome :smile:
mine is too, andi m at uni too so prob just as well although i have recently left employment
Reply 22
Original post by meenu89
Dad is a property developer and owns several properties, a business started by my Grand-father. Mum is now a housewife having been made redundant during the recession.

wow thats impressive!
aw thats sad :frown:
Original post by shawtyb
wow thats impressive!
aw thats sad :frown:

Mum keeps busy looking after my daughter while I work, if she worked I would have had to pay for child care.
(edited 7 years ago)
My Dad is an eccentric property billionaire and my Mum is a a supermodel.
Reply 25
Original post by meenu89
Mum keeps busy looking after my daughter while I work, if she worked I would have had to pay for child care.

wish my mother was that nice >:frown:

Original post by Danny the Geezer
My Dad is an eccentric property billionaire and my Mum is a a supermodel.

ok m8
Original post by shawtyb
wish my mother was that nice >:frown:

ok m8

I don't think you believe me. :sigh:
Reply 27
Mum was a French teacher then SEN teacher.

Dad managed a team of IT-type people that worked in an office, despite knowing little about computers - and I'm ashamed to say I still don't know exactly what he did apart from eat KitKats. He graduated from Oxford in Modern Languages and occasionally travelled abroad when he was younger, so I'm now thinking... spy :wink:

Both now retired.
Father is a CEO of an international consultancy company, unfortunately hardly ever see him now due to his work :frown:
Mother is a Masters Student in Birmingham Uni studying English Discourse and Lexical something or another.
My mum's a housewife and part time student and my dad's a doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile
omg your dad looks awesome
Both are unemployed.
Dad: environmental consultant (several things in the past)
Mum: secondary school lab technician, previously was in a biological science background at some labs though not sure what she did.
Reply 33
My mum is a primary school teacher and my dad is an engineer.
Dad has worked in the Indian catering industry all his time here, starting off as a waiter when he first moved to this country, then working his way up to a chef. Before he moved here though, he worked in Abu Dhabi as tailor (from 19-24 years old).

Mum has always been a housewife, despite Dad's low wages, and I have a fair amount of contempt for her because of that.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shawtyb
my mum was a self employed private eye and now works for the NHS
my dad was a corporal in the RAF and was an auxillary nurse in the gulf war

383049_10150477359628859_1048925496_n.jpg

My dad works in a petrol station as a cashier and a shop and is a delivery driver at a restaurant.
My mum works in a small shop.
I tutor some kids and do some odd jobs (legal ones) to get some money but I'm mainly studying for A-Levels.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by Danny the Geezer
I don't think you believe me. :sigh:

dont think anyone else will either

Original post by offhegoes
Mum was a French teacher then SEN teacher.

Dad managed a team of IT-type people that worked in an office, despite knowing little about computers - and I'm ashamed to say I still don't know exactly what he did apart from eat KitKats. He graduated from Oxford in Modern Languages and occasionally travelled abroad when he was younger, so I'm now thinking... spy :wink:

Both now retired.

successful little family!
spy sounds cool though :wink:

Original post by AlphaWolfZ
Father is a CEO of an international consultancy company, unfortunately hardly ever see him now due to his work :frown:
Mother is a Masters Student in Birmingham Uni studying English Discourse and Lexical something or another.

again, another successful family!
although ur dad has an incredibly good and well paying job, it sucks u barely see him :frown:
if it helps, the longest i went without seeing my dad was 4 years

Original post by nomophobia
My mum's a housewife and part time student and my dad's a doctor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

id love a dr as a parent
do u need to book apps still or can u just go to ur dad?

Original post by Alexion
omg your dad looks awesome

aw thanks :smile:
its left him quite bad though

Original post by whydoidothis?
Both are unemployed.

my dad is now too :frown:

Original post by Vikingninja
Dad: environmental consultant (several things in the past)
Mum: secondary school lab technician, previously was in a biological science background at some labs though not sure what she did.

sounds cool!

Original post by Naf_A
My mum is a primary school teacher and my dad is an engineer.

it would appear teaching and engineering is more common then i once thought!
Reply 37
Original post by Serine Soul
Dad has worked in the Indian catering industry all his life, starting off as a waiter when he first moved to this country, then working his way up to a chef.

Mum has always been a housewife, despite Dad's low wages, and I have a fair amount of contempt for her because of that.

as his been there all of his working career, does he now hate indian? like when people work in pizza shops, they soon get fed up of it

Original post by Trapz99
My dad works in a petrol station as a cashier and a shop and is a delivery driver at a restaurant.
My mum works in a small shop.

ur dads a busy man!
Reply 38
Original post by shawtyb

it would appear teaching and engineering is more common then i once thought!

Haha yeah it is,,,my mum used to be a legal clerk-but now prefers teaching she says that its different from all the work she used to do!
Original post by shawtyb

ur dads a busy man!

Yeah he is extremely busy. My mum is usually quite busy as well.

Quick Reply

Latest