The Student Room Group

Subject choice

Recently I have finished my O levels examinations, so now i am struggling to choose subjects that will keep different options open for me.
I in general didnt have any scince subject in my o levels but i wanted to take psychology, and sociology and business studies for A levels.
Is this a good option or should i chage the set of subjects?
Original post by Moniaam
Recently I have finished my O levels examinations, so now i am struggling to choose subjects that will keep different options open for me.
I in general didnt have any scince subject in my o levels but i wanted to take psychology, and sociology and business studies for A levels.
Is this a good option or should i chage the set of subjects?

What are three career paths you would love to take in the future or three sectors of career that you could possibly choose after A-levels?
Reply 2
Original post by CorpusLuteum
What are three career paths you would love to take in the future or three sectors of career that you could possibly choose after A-levels?

Honestly i have no idea about that as it depends in what country I shift, however i would like to study marketing or nursing ( I wanted to take Health and Social care in a levels but its not available here in Bangladesh)
Original post by Moniaam
Honestly i have no idea about that as it depends in what country I shift, however i would like to study marketing or nursing ( I wanted to take Health and Social care in a levels but its not available here in Bangladesh)

I recommend you think thoroughly about the career paths you may possibly change your mind about or want to do (possibly think about an ambition you had as a kid as well) and narrow it down to 3:

>Marketing
>Nursing
>??? (your last choice)

Then choose Business or whatever is required for a marketing job.
For nursing choose a science.
For your last one choose an A-level that will help you qualify for it.
Reply 4
I recommend you think thoroughly about the career paths you may possibly change your mind about or want to do (possibly think about an ambition you had as a kid as well) and narrow it down to 3:

>Marketing
>Nursing
>??? (your last choice)

Then choose Business or whatever is required for a marketing job.
For nursing choose a science.
For your last one choose an A-level that will help you qualify for it.

I wanted to study to be a nurse back when i was a in a small kid but then things changed as i shifted to bangladesh where I was some what forced to take commerce subjects as more teachers are available, now I have no idea if i will be able to do good in biology! And subjects like health and social care are not available here so i am kind of trapped! So i kindly needed your opinion on the subjects i chose for A levels will it be good for me to get into a good university?
Original post by Moniaam
I wanted to study to be a nurse back when i was a in a small kid but then things changed as i shifted to bangladesh where I was some what forced to take commerce subjects as more teachers are available, now I have no idea if i will be able to do good in biology! And subjects like health and social care are not available here so i am kind of trapped! So i kindly needed your opinion on the subjects i chose for A levels will it be good for me to get into a good university?

A science will definitely help you get into a university for nursing. Like biology or chemistry. preferably biology.
Reply 6
A science will definitely help you get into a university for nursing. Like biology or chemistry. preferably biology.

Does Health and social care is under science or arts?
hi if you want to apply for nursing in the UK youre going to need a pretty good application, its one of the most competitive courses, and you will need AT LEAST one science, many will specify biology and some may even ask for a second such as psychology, chemistry etc, hope this helps
Reply 8
Original post by ellawhite4686
hi if you want to apply for nursing in the UK youre going to need a pretty good application, its one of the most competitive courses, and you will need AT LEAST one science, many will specify biology and some may even ask for a second such as psychology, chemistry etc, hope this helps

Yeah it helped, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest