The Student Room Group

Hey ask me random questions

Ask me random questions bored

Scroll to see replies

Describe the trend in ionaisation energies across the period? :holmes:
Original post by SuperHuman98
Describe the trend in ionaisation energies across the period? :holmes:

What's ionaisation?
A machine that cost £35,000 is operated 8 hours a day in a 5-day week but one hour each day is used for test purposes. For use of the machine there are three scales of charges, the first at the rate of £5 an hour for private use, the second at £15 an hour for research work and the third at £40 an hour for commercial work. It is estimated that the number of hours charged at the first, second and third rates are in ratios 4:2:1. What percentage of total receipts do receipts from commercial work represent?

good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Laurashzzxcc
What's ionaisation?

Science pls

Posted from TSR Mobile
If my name is John, and your name is Bill.

What colour is Katherine's room?

Spoiler

2(i) What does it mean for an ideal of a ring R to be prime? Let P1, P2 and P3 be prime ideals of R with Pi 6 Pj only if i = j. Show that theirunion U is not an ideal.Give an example to show that if the ideals Pi are not necessarily prime then theirunion may be an ideal.(ii) What does it mean for a subset S of R to be multiplicatively closed?Let S be a multiplicatively closed subset of R. Show that the set of prime ideals ofthe localisation S−1R corresponds bijectively to the set of prime ideals of R disjoint to S.(iii) A multiplicatively closed subset S is said to be saturated if xy S only if bothx S and y S. Show that a multiplicatively closed subset of R is saturated if and onlyif its complement in R is a union of prime ideals.Give an example of a ring R and a saturated multiplicatively closed subset S of Rwhose complement in R is not a union of finitely many prime ideals.
Original post by Laurashzzxcc
Ask me random questions bored

What do you think of the Principle of Utility?
If you were a toy, what toy would you be? :holmes:
Is Steve a good name for a rubber duck?

Spoiler

I applaud you. the answer's 44.5 but who the hell cares.
:colonhash:
Steve is a good name m8

Spoiler

:K: What did you do to OP? :curious:
There are n sweets in a bag.
6 of the sweets are orange.
The rest of the sweets are yellow.

Hannah takes a random sweet from the bag.
She eats the sweet.

Hannah then takes at random another sweet from the bag.
She eats the sweet.

The probability that Hannah eats two orange sweets is 1/3

Soooo find n

:holmes:
I didn't work out the answer. i found it somewhere.
haha just realised you weren't the OP

Spoiler

Reply 16
I'm deadly sleepy, bored, hungry and stuck somewhere, what do I do?
Why is the Earth called the Earth?
Original post by there'snoneed
A machine that cost £35,000 is operated 8 hours a day in a 5-day week but one hour each day is used for test purposes. For use of the machine there are three scales of charges, the first at the rate of £5 an hour for private use, the second at £15 an hour for research work and the third at £40 an hour for commercial work. It is estimated that the number of hours charged at the first, second and third rates are in ratios 4:2:1. What percentage of total receipts do receipts from commercial work represent?

good luck!

There's no need :tongue:
Original post by Ayaz789
There's no need :tongue:

lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending